How do you change the color of a gooball?

32 replies [Last post]

How do you change the color of a gooballs? Does anyone know?

Jackson Stalnaker

You'll want to create a "ball-changing addin." I'm assuming here you want to recolor an existing Goo Ball and not create an entirely new one.

The first thing to do will be to go through your modified WorldOfGoo/res/balls folder and find the image that you want to change. Open it in GIMP and recolor it or whatever. Post back when you've done that.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Which folder is the image of the gooball?

Jackson Stalnaker

You selected a Modified World of Goo folder when you used GooTool. Browse to that folder, then open res/balls/ and pick a Goo Ball. For example, to change the color of the Ivy (Green) Goo, you'd open the Ivy folder.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Do I click on Install New Addin? Or what do I click on in Gootool?

Jackson Stalnaker

Open the rightmost tab and look at the text boxes.

Sorry I keep asking this but where is the rightmost tab?

Jackson Stalnaker

Open GooTool and look UNDER the bar that says File/Advanced/Help. It should say Profile/Mods and Levels/Options. Click Options. Find the box labelled Custom World of Goo. That's the path to your new WoG installation.

I went to Custom World Of Goo and clicked on the button next to it. But do I click on a gooball folder like the common gooball folder and click save?

Jackson Stalnaker

No...look in the text box and find that folder on your hard drive.

Have you installed any addins?

Which is the text box? And yes I installed addins.

Jackson Stalnaker

It's the box with text in it.

Here.

Ohhhhhhh... okay. So can you do the whole thing over in steps? You don't have to if you don't want to. And by the way, how do you take pictures like that and put them on your comment?

Jackson Stalnaker

It's a screenshot, and only moderators can post images in comments. Apparently someone tried to abuse it back in the early days of the site.

Sooooo, how do you put your screenshot on comments like this, and yes I know only moderators do this. But I want to know how to do it.

Jackson Stalnaker

I'm curious to see how you take a screenshot like that, how do you post it on a comment? When were done talking about screenshots let's get back to how i change the color of a gooball okay?

Jackson Stalnaker

Puggsoy posted a link earlier to the guide for taking screenshots. But as I said, only moderators can post images in comments.

Yeah I know. How can I be a moderator?

Jackson Stalnaker

Stick with the site for some years, make addins, teach people to make mods, etc.

Oh never mind. Anyway, were back to the changing the gooball color, were at the place where you told me to look in the text box (I know what it is now) and find that folder on the hard drive, what do I do after that?

Jackson Stalnaker

Open it. Look in /res/balls/ for whatever ball you want to modify.

I created a ball in World Of Goo Ball Editor and the name of my ball is called a Jackson Ball, by the way, my real name is Jackson.

Jackson Stalnaker

Uhh, you shouldn't say anything about your personal info...

I made goomods.

Sorry about that. Anyway, Albino what do I do after I click on the balls folder? Which is the image folder of the gooball?

Jackson Stalnaker

Albino Pokey wrote:
Look in /res/balls/ for whatever ball you want to modify.

I'm going to edit my new ball that was from World Of Goo Ball Editor, and after I click on it's folder, which is the image folder of the gooball?

Jackson Stalnaker

If you made a new ball in WooBLE, you chose its image yourself. I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

I didn't quite make the image, I copied it from the Common gooball because I didn't want to do the hard way. I'm talking about one of the folders from C:\Program Files\WorldOfGoo\res\balls\JacksonsBall. After I go to it's folder which is the image of the gooball?

Jackson Stalnaker

Is the "Body" file the image folder of the gooball? If it is than how do I change the color?

Jackson Stalnaker

Okay, let me try again. Go to the common ball folder and copy the body.png image to your custom ball's folder. Modify the image all you want. Then open WooBLE and use that image instead.