Help - Gootool won't run correctly on Windows 7!

6 replies [Last post]

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate today...(ya lol I'm a big fan of it)

...and when I installed Gootool again (because Windows 7 requires XP users to backup their hard disk before installing) it ran strangely. When it was locating World of Goo and everything like that, it was missing some text on the messages and I couldn't create new folders in it. When I tried to put in my custom folder to put all the add-ins and World of Goo re-installation, it said the file was "un-writable"

Please help?

I haven't tried Windows 7 yet so I don't have any idea about this really. Are you sure the directory is writeable? Try creating a file in there without elevation.

Okay yeah I just found out the problem! I went to the World of Goo folder properties and the folder I made for the customization of Gootool and both were Read-only!

Yeah I just made them writable and Gootool works now, thanks for giving me the idea davidc!

Now look, don't worry. If it happens again just do this, If it pops up, Just look where the Application is, and it'll work fine, if not, then I don't know what else to do. Stare

I'm so happy! ¬_¬ <-- OM NOM NOM
..............╔╝
..............╚╗
...............╨

Help i have windows 7 ultamite but gootool wont work correctly.
It is run as an administrator and in compatibility mode, but it wont even let me create the custom WoG directory. It used to work with Vista though.

Laughing out loud yup Robot Flying Monkeys will take over

Where are you making the custom directory? C:\Program Files (x86)\GooMod works for me.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

@lolop35

To be able to make custom WoG folder you must first set the containing folder to be accessible to all users.
Example:
If you are installing Custom GooTools WoG is "C:\Program Files\Games\GooToolsWoG you must change access permission of Games to all users.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods