Are the leaderboards back up for world of goo corporation (Clouds in background)?

12 replies [Last post]

I'ce just been playing some World Of Goo Corp and its showing names again. I assume this means 2D Boys fixed the problem and new users can upload their profile through the browser again.

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

*shock*
For a moment I thought you were talking about "THE" leaderboards (the official ones).

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

Afriad not. Didn't they get stopped for cheating/hacking?

thB
thB's picture

Yep, they were. First thing I did after reading your post was checking, of course. Wink

lol. My bad, I've changed the title. I never got to see them or my handle on them Sad

One thing I think the leaderboards here need is a level leaderboard. Just having a list of profiles is a bit messy.

thB
thB's picture

Ditto. Started playing too late, too. Puzzled
Agreed on the leaderboards here. Proposed the same thing to davidc a while ago. As 2D Boy still hasn't gotten in contact with him, I guess I'll ask him again and maybe also do the coding after all.

As for the clouds in WoG Corporation the are back!

kyle on 2DBoy forum wrote:
Well, it's back online for now. Fingers crossed, Goo Builders.

As for the level leaderboard davidc already coded them, I don't know why he didn't put them online. They would only show scores that are uploaded by hand.
davidc ask 2dboy to host leaderboards so that thay can have live update as well...

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

thB
thB's picture

I was talking about the redesign of the leaderboards to reflect top balls, moves, and time (and maybe also level specific stats), not about davidc's infrastucture for collecting real-time data from WoG.

thB wrote:
I was talking about the redesign of the leaderboards to reflect top balls, moves, and time (and maybe also level specific stats

I was talking about the same thing. Everything it's already finished but I don't know way it isn't online

thB
thB's picture

Me neither. Puzzled
I had asked davidc if I could write a new version to support the features mentioned and he said yes, but wanted to wait some time in case 2D Boy would finally contact him about rerouting the real-time data to goofans (which was already coded at that time). He didn't come back to me until now and I was planning on asking again, soon.

He will probably see this topic and answer us here, I hope Smile

The leaderboards you refer to as already coded were quite specific to the live game data. I can probably do something similar based on uploaded profiles instead.

thB
thB's picture

Well, my offer is still standing. Smile
Wanted to get back in touch with you to discuss details soon. So how about it?