World of Goo folder problems

8 replies [Last post]

Hello, I have a mac, like some of you have seen I tried to build WoG Editor on a Mac, but failed. I'm trying now in using Parallels. The problem is, I have the Mac WoG and WoGEditor needs a Windows WoG folder to work. Has anybody a solution?

When you say "Windows WoG folder"?
How is that different from a Mac WorldofGoo folder...?

Are you struggling to select the folder to edit?
Do you know why?

Daft as Brush wrote:
When you say "Windows WoG folder"?
How is that different from a Mac WorldofGoo folder...?

Are you struggling to select the folder to edit?
Do you know why?

The WoG Windows Goo Folder is where the .exe and the files are. In mac, that's compressed in a package, a .app.
The files like levels or balls are the same in all platforms, so there must be a way.

Ahm, Parallels is a program that runs Windows like as Windows was a program.*

*My english is not very good.

Right...
So you're running the compiled exe version of Wog Editor? from the Installer package?

Daft as Brush wrote:
Right...
So you're running the compiled exe version of Wog Editor? from the Installer package?

Yes. The.. let me see.... 0.6+

OK... 2 things I can think of...

1) Create a file.. any file.. a text file will do... rename it WorldOfGoo.exe and put it in your Mac WorldOfGoo folder.
WoG Editor should then let you select that, and so the folder..

However, I don't think you'll be able to play the levels direct from WoG Editor...
as it will try to "run" WorldofGoo.exe

For that you'll need to.. (at least)...

2) Wait for the next version of WoG Editor (v0.70... coming soon) which looks for files called WorldOfGoo.* to be more "Linux Friendly".. and "Mac-Friendly" apparently. Smile

HTH

A question, the Windows WoG foder has two folders in it named "properties" and "res"?

Originally.. yes.. GooTool adds an addins folder as well.

Is the Mac different?

Daft as Brush wrote:
Originally.. yes.. GooTool adds an addins folder as well.

Is the Mac different?

Well, the .app has a lot of folders, but deep inside there are those folders. I'll see if it works.