Can you make moving fire?

4 replies [Last post]

self explanatory.. except for what type of fire, not just particles but the Fire (click here) item itself.

there was a meme here but its dead now so i removed it

My Youtube

Fire itself can't be moved, but you could try making a workaround that accomplishes the same thing.

Gooballs can ignite other gooballs, and unlike fire it can actually be moved around, so that's where I would start. Now, there are 3 cases in which a gooball would ignite another gooball: A burning gooball is attached to another gooball, a burning gooball climbs onto an attached gooball, or a burning gooball collides with another gooball.

Moving the gooball on the other hand might be a bit trickier. What you'll likely end up doing is using some geometry that moves that gooball around somehow. You would have to experiment with that yourself though, I can't think of a way to do that off the top of my head. You could also try creating some utility gooballs to move the fire as well, although that might not work with certain methods.

I think the easiest method out of the three would be to create a gooball that collides with other gooballs, since you could connect it to some utility gooballs, and that could make moving it around a lot easier. Issue with this method is that gooballs would collide with the flame, which isn't too great. You could also make a gooball that instantly attaches to other gooballs. However, it would only be able to burn one gooball at a time, and it would be a lot more difficult to move around (you would not be able to use utility gooballs for this).

In summary, moveable fire is kind of possible, but it would not be easy to do.

I made goomods.

so.. util goo which are basically fire, acting as fire, but moveable...

Now comes the question... Can you make that "goo" unsolid? (pass through it)

My Youtube

stefix2200 wrote:
so.. util goo which are basically fire, acting as fire, but moveable...

Now comes the question... Can you make that "goo" unsolid? (pass through it)

Ah, by util gooballs, I meant additionall gooballs that you would to move the "fire" goo.

As for the other part, I'm going to assume no but it would be really cool if testing proved otherwise. I mean, how can one gooball ignite another if they don't collide?

I made goomods.

sorry for not replying in a long time, but...

i can make them stick together, but that wouldnt burn any other gooballs behind them...

so, im gonna test.

(btw i almost fell asleep at my desk and just had enough energy to go to bed, and i woke up just now)

My Youtube