WooGLE with Steam (Windows) version of WoG problem

3 replies [Last post]

Hey

Is the WooGLE working with the Steam version of WoG (Windows)?
I can't run/test my new custom level I made with WooGLE - it just starts the 'original' GooTool version of the game.
I know I should upgrade to version 1.3 of the game but the links are all broken and I don't even which edition my Steam version is.
Any help very much appreciated.

Hi Elliot!

It sounds like the problem could be one of three things. Are you able to play mods with GooTool? And if you have a mod installed, does it appear when you try to play a level in WooGLE?

Yes and yes: you need the 1.3 patch. I'm sure I have a link to it somewhere here...

Yes and no: you need to point WooGLE to the modded copy of WoG, not the original (which, in C:\Program Files by default, is read-only).

No and no: this is an issue with DRM in the Steam version. Try copying the game files somewhere else as your "original" copy, and having GooTool put the modified version in the Steam folder.

EDIT: Here you go, I think this link works. 1.3 Patch

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Thanks for the reply.
The answer is yes and yes.
That link doesn't work but I pretty sure Steam allways will keep its apps up to date. Perhaps 1.3 is an older version?
Anyway, thanks for your effort

Okay, if all else fails I can try to find my old patch files.

Steam usually does keep apps up to date, but for some reason it doesn't update (or even check) World of Goo. It always stays at version 1.2 and nothing higher. I don't know why.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.