Gootool will refuse to work with my world of goo.

8 replies [Last post]

So, I had this old pc which I used to make and post levels. Not really sure if the files are still on there because one day it got corrupted for no reason BUT I need an older version of world of goo since steam version will not work (and on my old pc I even bought WoG from its website only to realize I could've gotten the right version by asking...) So can someone please send me a download link (to the old version of WoG that works with Gootool)? I wanna make levels again and I'm on a new pc (which is why I don't have most of the files and also why I was silent for a long time).

there was a meme here but its dead now so i removed it

My Youtube

Can someone respond? Please? Anyone? I just need the game. My computer just got reset for some reason but that doesn't matter I just need the game.

Edit: I have just seen how much of a bad person I was on these forums last year. I think this is why no one is responding, and I'm sorry.

My Youtube

Well, two reasons I can think of why nobody responded. Firstly, forum's kinda dead lol.

The second reason though is that if somebody were to post a link to the old version of World of Goo, even if it's not being circulated anymore I think it'd still count as piracy. In other words, I'm not sure if anyone can send you the link to the old version even if it's not being sold anymore unfortunately.

However, you could try the following:
1. Get in contact with someone on another platform (i.e. discord or email) who has a copy of the installer
2. Dig around a little and look for a mod that includes the original game files. If you know where to look you might find something.

I made goomods.

I tried these things! But I never saw that post. Thanks.
Edit: Uhm, lots of the files are changed. I deleted the extra gooballs from other mods but i cant revert the images. Help?

My Youtube

stefix2200 wrote:

Edit: Uhm, lots of the files are changed. I deleted the extra gooballs from other mods but i cant revert the images. Help?

If you own a copy of World of Goo (even one that doesn't work with gootool) you should own all of the assets as well. I don't see why you can't just use those images and replace the modified images with them.

Furthermore, you can always use gootool's encrypt/decrypt functions to convert any xml files from the newer World of Goo to work with the old World of Goo. That should allow you to revert chapter 1.

I made goomods.

Good point. I'll do that. Was worrying about incompatibility.

My Youtube

Uhm yeah this didn't work. I cannot access the game's levels anymore (or the chapters, and the sprites are still different) and when I click on a chapter that is unlocked it crashes.
Only things I can do is make levels.

And also, you must have a spare (working) copy in your pc storage. Give it to me if you find it (but remove all the goomods and other things you installed in it as well as levels and stuff first)

My Youtube

stefix2200 wrote:
And also, you must have a spare (working) copy in your pc storage. Give it to me if you find it (but remove all the goomods and other things you installed in it as well as levels and stuff first)

If you have email I can work something out there, just give me your address and we can discuss there (just replace special symbols like @ with (at), to prevent spammers or whatnot).

I made goomods.

Ok so sorry for (maybe) responding late but I actually found the files on my friend's PC (I remember giving him a .zip in case he wanted to make levels too, but he never used it) although it did take a while for me to get the game back since his PC is shared. Thanks for helping me though.

My Youtube