Gootool troubles

4 replies [Last post]

Hey hey hey! I'm back again! Wanted to work more on my Earth of Goo: The Gooey Part 2 mod, but come to find out that the latest version of GooTool doesn't install and gets stuck on trying to download Java Version 6.... then come to find out the video to fix said issue no longer exists.... then come to find out that gooeygoo posted a link in the forum to a GooTool.zip file to use it directly, but I ran into a new issue! >.<

When I try to run GooTool.exe after unzipping that file I get an error message:

"The registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation or the runtime is corrupted.

The system cannot find the path specified."

I tried using CCleaner to clean up the registry, but alas, to no avail... I think the program just can't find java, even though I have version 6 and the latest versions installed.

Any suggestions?

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Hey there Gooballs Of Fire, glad to see you're back on Goofans Laughing out loud Sadly, I am not sure how to fix the "Java issue." I remember having the same issue when I was getting gootool, but I do not recall what I did to fix the issue. If I may suggest, you should try joining the Goofans Discord.

I'm sure there are people in the server that are way more educated in solving this problem than me Smile

An above average goofan.

There's a discord server?!? Shock

Heck yes I'll join and ask there too!

Link?

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

The link is under the "goofans" tab

An above average goofan.

No need - change the .exe to a .zip. You can use the Windows Command Prompt and the "ren" command to rename it ("ren [name of installer].exe GooTool.zip") or you can rename it directly in File Explorer (but make sure you set it up so you can see file extentions; that makes it much easier). Hope this helps!

P.S. - please do make sure you have Java. Smile

-the Sign Painter, a goofan since 2017

My youtube channel for random meaningless content