GooTool Unable to find WorldOfGoo in linux

8 replies [Last post]

I downloaded WorldOfGoo.Tar.Gz and extracted WorldOfGoo to /home/toshy/Desktop/ World Of Goo worked, and I can play it whenever I want. Recently I tried to install GooTool, and installed it with the .deb package. But, when I run GooTool, it is unable to locate WorldOfGoo.bin. GooTool then asks me to manually find WorldOfGoo.bin. I am unable to run GooTool after finding: WorldOfGoo.bin32,WorldOfGoo.bin64 or WorldOfGoo.sh. Where is WorldOfGoo.bin?

DEEEASK

wait for Mr.Croft.he will tell what to do.

Crazeh man!

That's very useful! Why did you post that?

Ropmop, try reinstalling World of Goo, with the deb package. Be sure you have made a backup of your profile first!

Sam Tatr

The Gooey Boy

Thanks Samtatr! I have reinstalled it using the deb package and it succesfully recognised my profile.GooTool Still can't find WorldOfGoo.bin though.

DEEEASK

I suspect the latest World of Goo release 1.41 (which has 64-bit compatibility) renamed the 32-bit binary file to .bin32 instead of .bin. So that's why. I'll have to make it recognise that instead. In the meantime, just touch a blank file "WorldOfGoo.bin" in that directory and it'll be happy.

It worked, but now my custom World of Goo wont start Sad. I save and launch but nothing happens.

DEEEASK

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

I suppose it should work to just use a symbolic link to the executable you use (.bin32 or .bin64) instead of an empty file.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

Sorted it now, It was simply a problem with permissions. Thanks for all of your support.

DEEEASK

Hi,
The problem with file renaming from .bin to .bin32 and .bin64 was solved by August 2009 version of GooTool (1.0.0.343)

It works now for me Smile

Gooo-d