Volume Control

9 replies [Last post]

i don't know if its just me being stupid but i can't find the volume controls
and when i click on "See Controls" it opens notepad for a file that doesn't exist

any ideas?

Tick the checkbox "Enable In-game volume controls". Then when you read the text file after klicking "See controls" you see how it works.

So far the theory. With me this doesn't work, though. I can hit Ctrl M as much as I like, it doesn't mute.

So maybe my whole post is useless. Wink

BiB

I don't know about volume control in GooTool because Gootool isn't working for me.

I use http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php/topic,1710.msg11459.html

This is Volume Control by Soultaker. This is added to GooTool, it is the same thing.

Smile

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

A thing with volume control that's bugging me a lot lately is that GooTool has started overwriting RealIrrKlang.dll with Soultaker's small, 21kb file containing the volume control every time I save. Can't say when or why this started, it worked fine until some time ago.
I tried all combinations of enabling/disabling the option and renaming/deleting the two files without result. Unfortuanetly, the file gets overwritten even if it's set to read only.
So currently I'm stuck with manually replacing RealIrrKlang.dll with the original big version every time after saving.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

For volume control, my keyboard has a volume control, and my speakers. That's what I use. I don't see why everyone complains about it.

OVER 9000

It should only overwrite the irrKlang.dll with Soultaker's one if the volume control checkbox on the Options tab is turned on... If that's not the case I need to investigate why!

thB
thB's picture

That's what I thought (and what GooTool did), but at the moment it's definitely not the case. Wink

Could it be that this is caused by the volume control being installed in the original game directory where GooTool copies the files from?

thB wrote:
So currently I'm stuck with manually replacing RealIrrKlang.dll with the original big version every time after saving.

Just out of curiosity: why do you need to replace the file every time? I agree that GooTool shouldn't install the volume control if you don't want it to, but since it only adds some new functionality, if you don't use it, it shouldn't get in your way either, right?

thB
thB's picture

Good point, I'll check this later when I'm home, but I think you're right. I probably did already replace the original file in the original game dir. If that's the problem, GooTool should definitely check for this before copying.

To answer your second question:
I need to replace the file every time for two reasons. Firstly, I use volume control. Smile
Secondly, and most importantly, WoG crashes without the original file (whether it's called irrKlang.dll or RealIrrKlang.dll).

Edit:
Just checked the original dir, and yes, irrKlang.dll is already replaced by your small version. Adding a check for this would be nice.

Regards, thB

GooTool can't check your irrKlang.dll without some ugly filesize check or something that would break on future release. Marking "Won't Fix".