gootool mac error

11 replies [Last post]

goo tool mac it sayserreo reading applications/world of goo/contains/resources/game/properties/config.txt no such file or directory

The last of the goo balls didn't seem to nodice...
That my sandbox was right here! (Link will come when done)

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

- moved to appropriate forum GooTool -> Suggestions and Bug Reports
- shortened completely unreadable subject

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

Go to the specified directory, and create a text file called "config.txt"

After that, change the contents of the text document to the following:

<!-- IMPORTANT WARNING: If you edit this file, your computer will probably explode. Your friend, the High Resolution Sign Painter -->
<config>

<param name="language" value="en"/>
	<param name="screen_width" value="800"/>
	<param name="screen_height" value="600"/>
	<param name="refreshrate" value="60" />
	<param name="ui_inset" value="10"/>

</config>

*NOTE: This was taken from my wog folder. I have Windows 7, but I'm pretty sure there won't be any difference involved.

My computer will explode from what, exactly?

That's just 2Dboy's warning to non-modders. We have experience though! We know what each of these mean. Besides, we will NOT need to edit it. I simply posted it here so that aguyshat could play World of Goo again.

I can play world of goo Smile but I cant add levels with gootool Sad

I don't have a mac so I don't know if this is possible, but can you possibly run gootool with admin priveleges?

I have a mac but it's a SCHOOL mac so I can't really do anything I want really...(when you mean "Admin. Priveleges, do you mean like school stuff? I kinda think every one at schools should have a demo of goo on their macs. After all, It's about physics and stuff, so why not?)

I mean administrative privileges...

Some Mac users have reported problems adding new levels with GooTool. Especially if they're using the latest OS 10.6 Snow Leopard.

However, I've been using GooTool with Snow Leopard and I've been able to load and play new levels just fine.

The only issue I've had with GooTool on Snow Leopard is that it can't display my tower. In the tower display box I get the message, "Sorry, couldn't render your tower."

Well, the worst part of all this is that davidc, the author of GooTool, doesn't have a mac, thus slowing down the whole development.

ok thats fixed now Smile