FAO "Peter" - Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition

7 replies [Last post]

Hi guys,

My name is Mark Walton, I'm a writer for GameSpot UK and on I'm gathering records for this year's Guinness World Records: Gamer's Edition. I'm putting together the puzzle section, and last year we featured Kamal's tower as the record for highest tower in World of Goo. However it appears "Peter" has broken the record! I would like to get in contact with him to gather his details for use in the 2011 edition of the book. I couldn't see a way to message Peter via his profile, does anyone know how to get in contact with him?

Peter, if you're reading this then feel free to drop me an email at mark.walton@gamespot.co.uk

Mark

I've sent him an e-mail pointing him toward your post.

Thanks for that David ! Much appreciated Smile

Not sure about contacting him. It wouldnt be wise of me to hand out my details to a complete stranger.

Peter DOES have a point (good job on the tower btw)

It would be un-wise, so what could Peter the NEW tower stacking World breaking champion do instead?

Well he has a gamespot.co.uk e-mail address so it's probably legit, no harm in contacting him to find out what he needs (if it's for publication I shouldn't imagine it's anything more than name and country?)

Hey Peter, I appreciate you don't want to give your details out to a complete stranger, which is a very sensible approach. You're more than welcome to verify that I work for GameSpot UK. My profile is here with staff badge (in the my achievements panel on the left): http://uk.gamespot.com/users/markypants/

You can also check out reviews I've written for the site by scrolling down to the bottom of the page.

I'm also the host of the GameSpot UK podcast, which you can check out here:
tinyurl.com/gsukpodcast

Guinness takes on writers from around the games industry to write sections in the Gamer's Edition of the book. This year I'm heading up the puzzle section, hence why I'm researching the "Highest Tower in World of Goo" record. Your name will be featured in the book alongside the record, so it's a great way to get your name published Smile

Like I say, drop me an email at mark.walton@gamespot.co.uk. I don't need your bank account details or street address or anything like that! Just your full name, where you're from (ONLY city/county and Country), and some background on how you went about getting the record.

Cheers,
Mark

Hi Mark,
I don't really want to horn in on Peter's "glory"... but... while you're here...

Despite the fact that the Towers are the most prominant feature on the "leaderboards" here, there are a number of other records which have likely had more combined effort put into them.

Most notably - Total Balls Collected
http://goofans.com/leaderboard/player/all?sort=desc&order=Balls+Collected

This has been "hotly contested" since the game was first released... and some of these guys (me included) have spent ages figuring out how to get just one more ball.. then probably longer actually getting it.

I'm just wondering whether you have any say in what records are included.