I DECLARE WAR!!!!!!!!!!!

41 replies [Last post]

I personally am okay with Huje Tower's existence. In fact, I hate copyright. Copyright sucks. You see, I want to write a book and make a video series. And one of the characters I want to use in both of them is trademarked.

Maybe asking nicely will help.

I don't know what to put into my signature. So I'll make this sentence filler instead! Yeah, that works.

But... now, it sort of defeats its own purpose. S:

They did, it's just that people think it sucks (which it actually kinda does).
*It's relatively slow.
*some were seemingly and suspiciously looking like levels from the original world of goo.
*the bacteria aren't plentiful or average sized compared to goo. If the goo had wanted to, they could squish the bacteria like a gooey bug! How weird! Tongue

I guess these are minor, cause nobody is putting TOO MUCH a fuss about it. Besides, this is what kept me wired until my birthday. (it also lowered my expectations Tongue )

KaliumNitrate wrote:
I personally am okay with Huje Tower's existence. In fact, I hate copyright. Copyright sucks. You see, I want to write a book and make a video series. And one of the characters I want to use in both of them is trademarked.

Maybe asking nicely will help.

When you write your book I'll buy it, change it's name and I'll tell the whole world it is actually my book! Smile Does Copyright suck now?? Smile

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Mine would be published first. It would be very obvious you copied mine. Beside, what you would be doing is plagiarism, not copyright infringement. Copyright infringement is using a registered work without permission, even if you give credit. Plagiarism is taking someone else's idea and claiming it to be your own. Plagiarism has nothing to do with copyright.

I don't know what to put into my signature. So I'll make this sentence filler instead! Yeah, that works.

But they ARE both illegal in almost every circumstance. Ain't that pretty? Tongue

Plaigirism is always illegal. Using a copyrighted work in a production is allowed if you get permission from the creator. It's only counted as infringement if it is used without permission. Plaigirism is taking credit for someone else's idea.

EXAMPLE:

Let's say I was going to write a book with a digital theme. I wanted to include MOM (a trademarked character) as a character. Copyright infringement would be if I were simply to use the idea without permission from 2DBoy (the holders of the license), even if I said that the character was originally made by 2DBoy. Plaigirism would be, if I were to use the MOM character and claim it as my own, even if I had gotten permission to use it.

But I wouldn't plaigarize. And I don't think I can handle the legalities of copyright infringement... yet.

*evil snicker while dramatic chord plays*

And now for something totally different!

*French Can Can plays*

Come on, Radium! Let's dance like wer'e overly hyper!

Yeah, Ima gonna stop now before I do something embarrasing...

Jenny/XJ9: Why do I work for Kalium again?

Derek: Anda me, too-a, I think-a he forgott-a my last paycheck!

*another dramatic chord plays*

And now----

Jenny: Don't even bother!

Okay.

Here's something else!

MY SPOON IS TOO BIG! MY SPOON IS TOO BIG! MY SPOON IS TOO BIG!

*banana walks in*

Banana: I am a banana!

Please don't double-post. - thB

Bananas, robots, and elements...what's next? Wink

but i dont think that it would be considered infringement if you were to use a character called MOM, as long as that character is not similar to 2Dboy's MOM. I mean, even futurama has a character called Mom but thats not infringement. As long as the character isnt the same, the name should be open to fair use for something else, like your book

I was using it as an example. I was referring to WoG's MOM. It is copyrighted, and was using it purely as an example to illustrate the difference between infringement and plagiarism.

Let's see, after bananas, robots, and elements, we have gunpowder.

Banana -> Derek (pizza maker, relevant to foods)
Robot -> Jenny (my guardian, XJ9, a robot)
Element -> Radium (royal best friend, element 88)
Gunpowder -> King (myself, saltpeter is a vital part of gunpowder)

Make sense? Yeah, I thought so.

Look at dis!

http://www.physicsgames.net/game/Huje_Tower_2.html

They made a sequel! Tongue

Wow...

About copyright, I believe that you should be allowed to use something in a remix (eg, a photograph as a level background) if you cite them. That's the license I use for everything I make.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.