Level Load Error!

16 replies [Last post]

after I had zipped and 'gooed' my lvl, I loaded it in gootool, and it said:

Addin format exception in (level name):
Error transforming properties/text.xml.xsl:
Could not compile stylesheet (com.goofans.gootool.W)

wtf!?!? Someone please help me!

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

Sounds like you've got something wrong in both the addin.xml and maybe text.xml.xsl files.
But can't say what without seeing them....

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Yes, it looks like you have an error somewhere in your XMLs. If you upload the addin to your Drop I can have a look.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

ok thB & DaB, the files are uploaded here
EDIT: or click 'my drop' in my sig

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

OK.. in text.xml.xsl ..
1) You've missed the /> off the end of the string element

2) XML Notepad reports "Invalid Character at Line 1 Position 1"
If you open in Notepad you see an "unrecognised / extended character".. little square.. at the start of the first line.
There's a load more of them scattered all through the file.
Dunno exactly what they are, or where they came from, but take them out and it's fine.

Oh and....
i) You might be better moving to addin-spec 1.1
Not 100% necessary for a single level, just "good form"
And it would let you use text.xml (rather than the .xsl)

ii) There's already a level called Drool2 (made by laobubu and dwerdwer)
So you might be better calling this something else.

1: doh!
2: oh...
EDIT: I didn't see any... WEIRD!!!!!
i: I was using Enchanter's xml creator program, which dosen't support 1.1 goomods
ii: dang....

STILL doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!! could you edit the origional files(and rename anything that sais Drool2 to (WARNING! SPOILER!) WetChain)

Same error or a different one?

thB
thB's picture

Uploaded two new files. Did not actually check if they load with GooTool, but syntax looks ok now.
- made the addin version 1.1 to make use of the text.xml format which is much more convenient than the older text.xml.xsl; it goes right in the addin's root dir, next to the addin.xml (that means you won't need the text.xml.xsl file anymore)
- changed "Drool2" in id and dir to "WetChain", addin and level name to "Wet Chain"
- the values of <type> and <ocd> were capitalized before, dunno if that's a problem, but it's all lower-case in the specification

There are some minor typos in your sign post, maybe you'd want to check it again. Also the id used for the sign post text string looks like an original one (didn't check). Make sure you don't unintentionally overwrite an existing string by using the same id.

Edit: Just as a side note, if you want to manually edit/check your XML files (which I highly recommend), be sure to use a decent text editor, for example PSPad or Notepad++. There are tons of others as well, of course.

like usual thB, you exceed awesomeness
EDIT: I just use notepad for vista

thB
thB's picture

That's what I'm talking about. You shouldn't. Wink

I edited the typos, and now(at the title and subtitle view) it crashes

thB
thB's picture

But it didn't before you edited the typos?

thB Just beat me!
Best bet... UL the whole goomod somewhere and we'll take a look!

thB: nope...
DaB: okay....uploaded

So... the problem is...
You can't use the addin.xml and GooTool to rename your level... you have to do it yourself.
You've changed the names in the addin.xml to WetChain that's fine,
but everything in the compile folder is still called Drool2.

So GooTool will add a level called WetChain into WoG, but all the data goes into the Drool2 folder. So when you try to run the level in WoG.. it can't find a folder called WetChain.. so it crashes.

You need to rename the level folder,
and the level, scene and resrc files
and change the Resources id in the resource file to scene_WetChain
then rebuild the goomod.

IT WORKS AND IS UPLOADED!!!!!!! Big smile :bigsmile: Big smile :bigsmile: Big smile
I gave some credit to both of you, of course