Editing an existing ball goomod

7 replies [Last post]

How do I go about editing a ball addin that is intended to be used for the Goocorp, and setting it to be used for normal levels? Is it a complicated procedure?

Do you mean putting the WOGC ball (with certain addin installed) into a new WoG level? Or do you mean making a ball addin for other balls? (or something else....you gotta be a little more specific!)

James wrote:
Do you mean putting the WOGC ball (with certain addin installed) into a new WoG level? Or do you mean making a ball addin for other balls? (or something else....you gotta be a little more specific!)

I'm talking about modifing an existing ballmod so that it instead of replacing the (for example) WOGC ball, it replaces the (for example) common ball. Then repackaging it as a new goomod.

thats easy

you just need to rename the Drained folder to whatever gooball that you want

all the goo balls are found in the /res/balls/ folder, in case you couldnt find them

Awesome, after initial tests it seems to work.
One gooball giving me issues is the eyball one (IIRC its one of yours Tongue ), I can only assume that the extra work to make it so cool means extra work to use it elswhere.

The main thing is that everytime I spot a ball that I like, I no longer think "looks cool but I never use goocorp". Now I think "looks cool I'll use it for....."

The eyeball one that i made has both a compile folder and a override folder. Most gooball mods just use the override folder to change the images. But my mod also changes the properties of the gooball that are stored in the .bin files.

The problem you are getting is that the compile folder has xml files that also specify that they are for the drained gooballs. this wont work if you try to put the compile on another gooball. But even if you do edit the xml files, the xml files have attributes that do not necessarily match those of other gooballs.

Hope you understood all that: Tongue

long story short, to use my eyeball mod on another gooball would require a bit of editing of the xml files

Grant wrote:
The eyeball one that i made has both a compile folder and a override folder. Most gooball mods just use the override folder to change the images. But my mod also changes the properties of the gooball that are stored in the .bin files.

The problem you are getting is that the compile folder has xml files that also specify that they are for the drained gooballs. this wont work if you try to put the compile on another gooball. But even if you do edit the xml files, the xml files have attributes that do not necessarily match those of other gooballs.

Hope you understood all that: Tongue

long story short, to use my eyeball mod on another gooball would require a bit of editing of the xml files

Makes sense, the eyeball shape works fine but the pupil and related trickery doesn't. TBH I've come to the conclusion that the eyeball mod should stay where it is, it's a bit too special to use as a "common" ball.Smile.

All you need to edit in the ball.xml.xml file is:
name="[name of the gooball]"

and to edit in the resources.xml.xml file is:
Resources id="ball_[name of the gooball]"

replace [name of the gooball] by the name of the gooball you wish to edit.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves