Hinge Problems

6 replies [Last post]

I've been working with hinges, and having a few problems...

I have a hinge on the bottom of the screen, with a rectangle high above, but it ignores the "limits" of 0,0 on the hinge and topples over.

How can I do something like in Hang Low?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

When you say "high above"... how high? roughly...

Also.. do you have values in stopcfm and stoperp .. if so.. take them out.

Nope, just 0,0.

About 500 above.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Err...

AlbinoPokey wrote:
... the "limits" of 0,0 ...
... Nope, just 0,0....

0,0 in which attribute?.. 'cos there's nothing called "limits"

Also Rectangle's mass can affect it...
If it's "high" like 1000+ then sometimes the hinge can't produce enough force to stop it falling...

0,0 for...what do you call them...the thingys that stop it from turning...in radians...

Well it all works fine for me!

Rectangle, not static, mass 100 at 0,500
Hinge Anchor=0,0 body1={id-of-rect} histop=0 lostop=0 everything else blank.

Does what it says on the tin... hit the rect with a goo and it "wobbles" but returns to it's original position.

I also tried with 0.02,-0.02 and it goes insane!

I fixed it now by making it a compositegeom with a really heavy weight off the bottom of the screen. After I deleted all the lines it works fine, like the platforms in Infesty.