WooGLE Mac Issue, Cannot "Make .goomod"

8 replies [Last post]

Ok so I've just come back to WoG after a few years and found this cool site Smile

So I decided I'd try to see if I could make my own levels, so I downloaded GooTool and WooGLE 0.75, which is the most recent precompiled version for Macs. Everything runs fine, I've made my level, but when I get to the "Make .goomod" stage it doesn't do anything. When I click the .goomod button it doesn't do anything, no window shows up to select where the file goes and it seems that it doesn't output any file anywhere. If it matters I'm running OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks.

Making goomods on a mac is very difficult. It's why I haven't published anything in 4 years. All I can really suggest is to decrypt the bin files using gootool, and put those in compile/levels/*LEVELNAME. As for custom resources, put them in override/levels/*LEVELNAME. For music, just do override/music. After that, put compile and override in a folder, with addin.xml. Compress the folder, rename it to .goomod, and you might have a slight chance of it working.

I made goomods.

Thanks a ton! I got my level to be working, had to compress the files themselves however, not the folder.
I also managed to get my signposts working using http://goofans.com/download/sample/how-make-goomod-level Smile

That's awesome you uploaded the level!
Also, if you wanted, you could start making your own gooblls by taking a pre-existing one, renaming it, giving some custom textures, and doing simple overrides to the code.

I made goomods.

Ok, can you explain making custom gooballs a little further? I know WooBLE doesn't have precompiled Mac support, do you know how to make these manually, and easily? I kinda looked into some of the files and they're very long.

What I did was the find and replace command. In "find", put in the name of the goo, so I guess I'd do, "common", and then put in the name of your goo, which should be in all lowercase, in "replace". Make sure that you put in match case. After that, you can deselect match case, then type the ball name in uppercase. Do this for both the ball and resources file. In the resource file, you'll need to change one thing. I just don't know the name. Sorry about that. Then you can just change the file images, as long as you also replace the image blintl or whatever it was called. The names also need to be the same. If you want to change anything else to the ball, I haven't done that yet.

I made goomods.

Sorry for the late response, but do you know if it is possible to compile WooBLE for a Mac? I just put a ton of time into trying and couldn't get it to work. In the meantime I'll try to do it manually again.

I don't think you can with the setup. However, if you had the program instead, It might work.

I made goomods.

Ok, so I've decided that compiling it isn't going to work, however WooBLE works with Wine, a sort of way to run Windows programs on Macs and I've managed to get a ball created! Laughing out loud