Using WOOGLE - can't find level I want to edit

4 replies [Last post]

Greetings. We have a level we can see and play in the Goo Tool called Down and Out that we'd like to edit. When I try to edit levels in the level editor it doesnt show up as one I can select. Other levels in the same folder do show up. Any ideas why I can't see it? Thanks for your help!

Is the directory set to the original World of Goo or the custom, modded one?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

what do you mean by edit. Do you plan on publishing an altered version of it?

If you can definitely see other "custom" levels, then you're probably looking in the right folder, however...

The level "name" doesn't always match the folder name... and WooGLE can only display the folder name.
The folder name could be anything, and if it's very different / unrelated to the level name it can be hard to find out which it is.

Possibilities:
i) Trial and Error
Set WooGLE to only show Custom levels, then go through the list loading each one with a name you don't recognise... till you find it.

ii) From the goomod
Find the goomod for that level, rename to zip and open it, then either..
a) Open the addin.xml file and look for the <level><dir> tag
b) navigate down compile\res\levels\ and find out what folder names are in there.

The folder name is DownandOut, you've probably had a look already DaB.
If anyone is building a level and then decides to change the name, all you have to do is click on clone selected level, enter new name, and use that, discarding of the old one.