Please help me edit the first chapter.

4 replies [Last post]

Hello, I do not know where I needed to write this, but please help me with editing the first chapter. I found a lesson on the site, but in it I do not understand a lot. For example, the sample says: "Add your level tags here" but I don’t know how it should look. I tried to write it as done in goomod levels. But I got an error. I decided to just change island1.scene.xml. The chapter loaded but instead of a picture there was a black screen. Please help me with this. Give me the FULL template island1.xml.xsl and island1.scene.xml. Thanks.

you have discord

I'm the only Hispanic in goofans, I don't know

my channel is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHQWjjQLYqEgrGRUl0o50Lw

If it's what you're trying to do, I wouldn't bother merging the island1.xml. It's far easier to override island1, and chances are if people are installing a chapter, they're probably not installing any additional levels. If you're really curious about how to merge island1 though, look inside the goomod for Another Planet, because that mod merges island 1. You should know how to look inside a goomod if you're making a channel, but if you don't know how I can tell you.

Also, if you want to look at how the island1.xml is supposed to look like, you can either:
a. Look inside a preexisitng goomod
b. Decrypt the island.bin files from the original World of Goo, using Gootool.
You could use those methods to find island xml files that are made properly.

This is all just off the top of my head and I'm also tired, so maybe I'm forgetting some stuff.

I made goomods.

yes i have discord. But Russian-speaking.

Thank you. I'll try.