startup issue with steam

5 replies [Last post]

I recently got this game via steam and I am having an issue when I try and start the game up. It will minimize and maximize repeatedly and I can't play the game. I have heard one fix for this is to go into the config file and change the resolution, but since this was a steam purchase I don't have that option. Any advice?

I just ran into the same issue, but even through Steam the config file is there.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\world of goo\properties\config.txt
Change the values of screen_width and screen_height as appropriate. This works for me.

But you might have to drag it onto the desktop, edit it, save it, and move it back. Notepad doesn't like saving to system folders.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Hef

I am also experiencing this same issue.
However changing the res in the config file does not solve it.

I'm running two monitors on an ATI card.

Hef wrote:
I am also experiencing this same issue.
I'm running two monitors on an ATI card.

Oh, yes. Thats the problem. Sometimes World of Goo can't run on two monitors, driver problems.
Solution, disable on monitor when playing.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Hef

Actually I found a fix for it.
And the devs should fix their faulty product themselves so that players don't have to.

The config only accepts 4:3 resolutions, not 5:4. (So 1280x1024 was ignored).
Second thing to fix it is to run it in compatibility mode and disable visual themes.

I've almost completed the game and I must say I am extremely underwhelmed.