Dikki Painguin

1 reply [Last post]

So recently I had a look at the World of Goo Soundtrack page again, just reading about some of the tracks. I'd already read the bit about the My Virtual World of Goo Corporation music being "Ooiginally written for a friend's NES game Dikki Painguin" earlier (in addition to the file in the game being called "DikkiPainguinLoop(rev-1).ogg"), but I decided to see if I could find Dikki Painguin. Sure enough I found it, and guess who it mentions on the cover art: Allan Blomquist! Apparently he made it with Neil Druckmann (who now works with Naughty Dog Inc), but I'm pretty sure that the "friend" Kyle mentions is Allan.

So yeah not sure if anybody else had seen this before but it was a nice little surprise. If you want to play Dikki Painguin you can download the ROM here and search for a NES emulator (I used JNES but most should work). And before you go saying ROMs are illegal and whatnot, Dikki Painguin is homebrew that's released publicly for free to it's OK.

If you're gonna play it may I warn you that timing the double-jump to get on particularly high ledges is quite difficult, at least in my case, so you might not get too far. You can see a playthrough here though.

Wow! You found it?

I have to try playing that!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.