Fandomstuck: World of Goo Fandom maybe? Ideas needed.

14 replies [Last post]

Hello, guys! It's been a while, but I have question about something. Does anybody here know about a thing called Fandomstuck? It is a thing various fandoms (Ex: Dr. Who, Sherlock, Homestuck obviously enough, etc.) are basically personified as a person and interacts with other fandoms in a setting similar to Homestuck, with all of the fandoms that have and are yet to join being sucked into Sburb (look it up). There are a few indie fandom characters, including a Bit.Trip character, Psychonauts, Starbound, etc., and I want to get into this, so I was thinking of joining into the fray with a World of Goo fandom. The only problem... I am at a loss on how this character should be like, like his/her/it's personality, weapon, typing quirk if necessary, land of (something) and (something), and other stuff like that. Anybody here have any ideas? Also I am not very good at drawing so if anybody could help with that if I need help with a character design that would be great. Also, sorry if some people here don't like Homestuck. If people are against me mentioning this, than sorry. Thanks! (A little more info on Fandomstuck http://thefandomstuckproject.tumblr.com/tagged/about%20fandomstuck)

AKA "Goobomber" practically everything else

T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶o̶b̶r̶i̶d̶s̶:̶ C̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ 's̶o̶o̶n̶' (̶V̶a̶l̶v̶e̶ T̶i̶e̶m̶)̶ ...if WoG 2 has modding support and I can remember what ideas I had a decade ago, maybe? No clue, I was like 12

Profile pic from Ne

You should try to go with Sign Painter aka the Telescope Operator! I guess it's the only human(oid)(?) in the game and he's really the only guy that speaks. Never seen any fan art of Sign Painter, though, and I have no idea how he's looking like.

Sounds interesting, I'll have to think about this.

Movil: I've seen some, but they all disagree. I'd say the most significant character in the game is a Goo Ball, but they aren't exactly humanoid...

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

What about the 2d boy from...2d boy? He might be the Sign Painter you know. But that's just me.

I made goomods.

Well you are supposed to make an original character that is like the embodiment of the fandom. You are not supposed to use a character that already exists. You can incorporate aspects of some of the characters from the game into the fandom, but you still have to make a new character, one that represents the entirety of the fandom and has a personality that matches. So yeah we can't use the Sign painter or 2D Boy or any other already existing characters.

AKA "Goobomber" practically everything else

T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶o̶b̶r̶i̶d̶s̶:̶ C̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ 's̶o̶o̶n̶' (̶V̶a̶l̶v̶e̶ T̶i̶e̶m̶)̶ ...if WoG 2 has modding support and I can remember what ideas I had a decade ago, maybe? No clue, I was like 12

Profile pic from Ne

Ah, ok. Well,I did make a character, which was the sign maker. He was the brother of the sign maker (well duh!) and made all his signs, but, he is technicly supposed to be like the sign painter, so there's no point in that. What about... Gooton, the creator of goo? well, A creator of goo? Well, I'm pretty sure you guys have awesome ideas. The ones I listed, I don't know ._.

I made goomods.

Why not just the adventures of a single, regular, black goo who somehow survived the entire game and escaped from the planet?

-_-

kirdneh wrote:
Why not just the adventures of a single, regular, black goo who somehow survived the entire game and escaped from the planet?

Guys! The gooball from the final cutscene! Hopefully you know what I mean.

I made goomods.

gooey goo wrote:
kirdneh wrote:

The one that sat on the telescope, or the one on the planet?

-_-

I imagine the one on the telescope, now the final one on Island 5.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

kirdneh wrote:
gooey goo wrote:
kirdneh wrote:

It's the one that was on the telescope, and he wasn't sitting. He was standing. Kind of reminds me of something...

I made goomods.

gooey goo wrote:
kirdneh wrote:
gooey goo wrote:
kirdneh wrote:

It's the one that was on the telescope, and he wasn't sitting. He was standing. Kind of reminds me of something...

How do you tell the difference between a goo sitting or standing? Last I recall, goos didn't have legs, unless WOG was stranger than I remember.

-_-

kirdneh wrote:
gooey goo wrote:
kirdneh wrote:
gooey goo wrote:
kirdneh wrote:

How do you tell the difference between a goo sitting or standing? Last I recall, goos didn't have legs, unless WOG was stranger than I remember.

I really wanted to find a link to a scene from some movie but I couldn't find any. I was think when there was some guy who said that he was standing but there was another person who said he was sitting (Yeah, I can't really explain that well) But, if you really want to know the truth: You can't tell if gooballs are standing or sitting XD

I made goomods.

gooey goo and kirdneh wrote:

insert ridiculous number of quoted quotes here

I guess one way would be to see how elongated they are; elongated up and down slightly would be standing (takes more energy for goo to hold this position) versus being slightly elongated horizontally (takes less energy for the goo to be slack, therefore similar to sitting/resting)

-_-

kirdneh wrote:
gooey goo and kirdneh wrote:

insert ridiculous number of quoted quotes here

I guess one way would be to see how elongated they are; elongated up and down slightly would be standing (takes more energy for goo to hold this position) versus being slightly elongated horizontally (takes less energy for the goo to be slack, therefore similar to sitting/resting)

I agree with both (the quote being the second one, of course Tongue)

I made goomods.