I want to join

35 replies [Last post]

Can I help with WoG2?I have created some lvls and I could make flash vids about WoG2 procces.

Imported from goo2forums.

Crazeh man!

I think we could use this guy. The more helpers we have, the faster this Game goes!

can you send me or enchanter49 your levels ? Then we'll decide.
I'm admin for few days, but i'll wait for Enchanter49, he'll decide if you will join or not.

Email your levels to me, and I'll try them out. But, I don't think we're going to go by the whole "adding random levels to the game" stature, rather, we will make them/design them as a group.

Ah. Am I doing something wrong, then?
P.S. Why is Joris a moderator?

I asked Enchanter for privvileges

Crazeh man!

MOM4Evr
at 07:20AM on Mar 13, 2010

Ah. Am I doing something wrong, then?
P.S. Why is Joris a moderator?

To your "Ah": Apparently, yes... (sorry, but we need this to be planned out)

To your "P.S.": Yes, Joris pestered me until I couldn't stand it anymore.

Well, that's one way to get things. (but apparently not recommended)

Yep. Doesn't always work, either...

And I'll stick to your storyline if I'm creating any more levels. Of course, it may be easier for you to tweak the levels I already sent you to fit with the storyline. Feel free to do whatever you want with them!

I'm gonna be real busy, so here's pretty much all I'll have for a while, on my website:

www.mom4evr.net16.net/basic.html

Anyway, good luck, guys!

I couldn't get the WoG Program Stub to work correctly. I have Windows 7. What does it do, exactly?

It displays the command-line parameters it was passed, then abruptly quits.
Basically, if you just double-click it, it pops up an empty message box, and when you click "OK," the program disappears. However, if you rename it "WorldOfGoo.exe" and place it in the WOG directory that WOG Editor is looking at (renaming the original "WorldOfGoo.exe" to something else), when you click "Save and play level" in WOG Editor, it will display a message box with the command-line parameters WOG Editor was trying to send to World of Goo, namely, the name of the level. World of Goo would look in this directory and open the level, rather than playing the whole game. (in contrast, my program just tells you the command-line and quits.) I used a similar program when I was first making World of Goo Screen Saver to debug what a screen saver should do. Try it! Rename WOGStub.exe WOGStub.scr, and it's a screen saver. By installing it in Control Panel, you can debug what Windows wants the program to do. (Windows passes /s to it for full screen, I think, and /p for partial screen with a bunch of numbers.. and something else when you click "Settings." In WOG Screen Saver, I checked these to determine what the screen saver should do)

Wow...

That thing can do a LOT...

Yep. And it only took me a couple minutes to program. Pretty cool, huh?

Yes, very cool!

Interesting, too.

Hey, could I help you guys on this.

I know ive been gone from the goofans forum for a while cuz i was really busy but id love to help on this.

Write an e-mail to Enchanter and tell him what you want to do etc.

I did and no reply...

Enchanter, can you please check you mail  Tongue

Enchanter isn't here very often last time.
if he doesn't reply, write here what you want to do etc.
or send e'mail to me.
marteen33@wp.pl

I have a level that I am currently making.  It involves different coloured bits and matching them on different coloured pixels.  Its an ISH level but if you dont want that in WOG 2, i can do something else.  I have lots of GOOd ideas (see my goofans levels) I wouldnt also mind doing digital art for other levels or for the menus etc. 

Hope to help.

Hmm... I did some ISH levels, and I think Enchanter wanted them to be non-ISHy. I dunno if anyone is ever gonna change them or not...
But since you probably are using custom ball types anyway for the multicolored bit balls, there's nothing keeping you from making them non-ISHy, right? I think that it should be fairly easy to make an ISH level into a normal level...
But anyway, don't abandon the level! We need all the levels we can get for this project!
I think Martin33 has most of the artwork covered, but maybe you two can work together. I dunno.
Anyway, glad to have you on the team!

huh, call me Martin. not martin33

ish levels mean what?
like theese from Information Superhighway?

edit: I made Grant a member.

OK, I'll call you Martin.
Yes, by ISH, (or ish), Grant and I mean levels that look like they're from the Information Superhighway. (From how stuff is called in WOG, the pipe image is "pipe_ish", etc.)
Welcome aboard, Grant!

Ok, i understand.
Welcome to WoG2 team.

thanks Smile

Hello, everybody! Traffic on this site is slow, apparently. This is one of the top-4 most recently-answered topics and the last post was done 12 days ago! Crap!

Well, sorry for being, um, away. The thing is, I'm BACK now, so no worries there.

In terms of the game, how far are we? I mean, where do we stand in the creation of Goo2, anyway?

I dunno, as far as I am concerned, I always a a problem with anything I have been creating and most of the time I still don't know why it happens.

Enchanter, MOM made some good levels. I'm doing a sandbox level for our game. chapter 4 has got graphics now.
and it's all, i think

James: that's ok! That's what the rest of the team is for. Just upload your not-working levels somewhere, and I (or someone else) will fix them.

I'm sorry to say this, but school year for me is drawing to a close. This means more free time, but dialup internet. Blah. Anyway, I'll keep working on levels, and upload as many as I can for now. Any chance WOG 2 will be done in the fall (when I have high-speed Internet again?) If so, I'll just abandon making levels. But if WOG 2 won't be done by then, I'll definitely make a bunch!

Enchanter: What's the basic premise for all the levels in all the chapters, so I can make levels fitting for the storyline?

Even if it is done by the fall, (which has a high chance of probably not) you should still make levels for goofanz!

P.s. Do you think we should release prototypes/demos (unfinished versions for demonstration) to other people here, so that we can say if we like something or not.

Here on this WOG2 forum? Yes. That's what I'm doing, at least. (Or what I think I'm doing, anyway.) But not on goofans, because that would give everything away.

Ok, my last batch of levels for quite a while:
www.mom4evr.net16.net/Hitech_and_Lowtech.zip

Introducing...
THE TECH GOO BALL!
Yes, I finally got around to making it. The way it works:
what I explained earlier! But for sake of clarity:
*Big machine
*Machine is hinged to a nonstatic, break=1 compositegeom that is hinged to a wall
*one piece of machine is near invisible bomb
*bomb is connected to two goos that look like commons, only are burnable, with a burntime of about 999999 (a really long time).
*Tech goo is also burnable, with a high burntime.
*Invisible fire where you would attach the Tech goo.
*Once attached, everybody burns, bomb explodes with machine-starting noise.
*Machine does something! Ta da!

Anyway, this is in the "Wrecking Ball" level in this mod. The other levels are old levels I made into working levels.

Ta ta for now! Keep up the great WOG2 work, guys! See ya in the fall (Hopefully sooner, but you never know).

could i join also? i really dont feel like sending an email and i could draw some designs and stuff so please!Laughing out loud

I LOVE WORLD OF GOO! I NEED A GOO 2!!! WORLD OF GOO 2 !!! OH AND HI! LOL