Goofans in wikipedia!

25 replies [Last post]

I have discovered that goofans is in wikipedia!

Yeah, It was there from the day one of goofans Wink

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

But no page for Goofans?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Page? Do you mean the link to the site?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Tongue No, that article doesn't exist, I'm afraid.

Indeed. And, when you click "search for Goofans in Wikipedia" the only page you get is the World Of Goo Wikipedia page.

However, at this very moment I'm writing a section on the Wikipedia Drawing Board asking if people think GooFans has sufficient and reliable enough sources to have a Wikipedia article. Of course, I would've gone and made an article right away, but if it doesn't meet the sources requirements it'd be deleted quite quickly, and that'd be no help either.

Well, I've waited, and finally I've gotten a reply here.

Graeme Barlett wrote:
You will need to find more independent pages on the topic, that pages you talk about as references are not independent.

What do you guys think?

It sounds that you don't actually know what he wrote. I think it is a great idea! Wink

Pavke wrote:
It sounds that you don't actually know what he wrote.

How do you mean?

What did they mean by saying "You will need to find more independent pages on the topic, that pages you talk about as references are not independent." ?

Um... I'm not sure. I think, what he means by "independent" is pages made by people other than the creators and users of GooFans. Although I'm not sure.
Do you think there are any "independent" pages anywhere?

Yes, thats right. We need to find more sites that talk about goofans. You can't actually writhe a wiki article about ourself Wink

Yep, that's the case. The only thing is, Googling "GooFans" doesn't really give desired results.

Well, 2D Boy talked about the site a little...

That's nice . . .

Yeah. Unfortunately that's about all.

Wait a minute... what do you mean "page"? I mean, I know a bit about Wikis and Wikipedia, but I don't get how a "page" and "article" are different. Could you specify?

I meant article, they're the same thing.

Oh, OK. Well, I think I might just make it a section of World of Goo, and squish "Expansion" somewhere in there.

I agree, we should update expansion to mention WooGLE, the WoG2's, and all the mods on this site.

Ah, Enchanter beat me there. Well, nicely done. I've edited it a wee bit though, just a few words.

The addition doesn't hurt anyone, I guess. Tongue

Lol, that's what Wikipedia's about!