remember MOM?

10 replies [Last post]

some of you who are kinda new might not have see this but for you who have been active for a loooong.... time might heard or see this...

remember MOM? yes at the final level in Information Superhighway (chapter 4) you meet MOM and have a conversation with her, but goofans have their own version of MOM

it is called MOM 2.0! and yes you can talk to her right here!

and after you have done talking to her (finished the last conversation) or press the exit button. you can see a console/terminal thingy and yes! you CAN type stuff in!

after opening the sourcecode i find all the available commands you can type in!
here is all the available commands:

ls, dir, cat, cd, more, less, mkdir, rm, chdir, rmdir

will return: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

pwd

will return: /etc

whoami

(which is "who am i" without spaces)

will return: root

who, w

will return:

22:20:05 up 8 days, 16:52, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
USER TTY FROM LOGIN@ IDLE WHAT
root tty0 console 01Apr 0.00s *the command you put in*
david pts/0 2a01:550:8000:10f::1:1 01Apr 26:32m -bash
david pts/1 2a01:550:8000:10f::1:1 01Apr 5:25 rm -fr /var/lib/MOM

shutdown, reboot

will close the console/terminal and return to www.goofans.com

goofans

will redirect you to www.goofans.com

h, ?, what, help

will return:

file/directory:
ls cd pwd mkdir rmdir rm cat more less
system maintenance:
who whoami shutdown reboot

If you type other than the things listed above

then it will return: sh: *what you type in*: command not found

fhew! thats a lot of typing! Smile

P.S. what do you think... should I make another version of MOM? it would be soo cool! Laughing out loud

P.S.S MyGod has also make a downloadable original version of MOM! check it out here!

-goo23

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

It's not the original version. It's a better version at least imo. And I think HTML5 compability now is much better than back then.

By the way, it's easy to make another MOM. Just download my source and edit the lines in the beginning of MOM.js. I think it might be possible to modify the MOM in the game too by changing some texts in text.xml.bin.

yes if i want to make another MOM i would download the one in goofans and modify the MOM.js file...

and do you have tried the commands? some of them are weird but does anybody know what they mean?

P.S. I post this comment using a MOM themed virtual browser! Laughing out loud

Commands? You meant the ones in the game?

Those are standard Unix (and a few DOS) commands.
Unix:

• ls lists the files in the current directory.
  • cat concatenates the files it's given, but is more often used to print a file's contents to the screen.
  • cd changes the directory you're in.
  • more/less display a file in reasonably-sized pieces, so the top doesn't go off the screen before you can read it.
  • mkdir makes a directory.
  • rm removes a file.
    • Note that getting a segmentation fault from one of these commands indicates that something has gone horribly wrong, and the system is going to be pretty much unusable.
  • pwd prints your working directory (where you currently are).
  • whoami tells you your current username (useful if you're switching between a limited and super-user account).
    • "root" is the most powerful account on a Unix-like system. It's sort of like being an "administrator" on Windows, but with more capabilities.
  • who tells you some information about the system, such as who else is logged in.
    • In this case, the bottom line indicates that the user "david" is logged in on pts/1 and has just executed an rm command on MOM's files. The -r option makes it recursive, so it will clear out subdirectories as well.
  • shutdown does exactly what you'd expect.

DOS:

• dir: same as ls on Unix.
  • chdir: same as cd on Unix.
  • rmdir: removes a directory.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Oh! so its Unix! what is unix? i'm a beginner coder is it an old language?

@MyGod: no i mean the commands in the MOM console thingy

EDIT: nvm

EDIT2:

OH! is the ingame MOM also opens up a console/terminal when she close?
it has been a long time since i play the game Tongue

and is the MOM in goofans the same as the ingame MOM?

P.S. I see that you have updated your website! its look pretty awesome! but is there an english version? or do i need to use google page translator?

No.
No.
Check the link. The content is the same.

okay just to make it clear:

1) is the ingame MOM(the MOM in WOG) also opens up a console/terminal when she closed?
2) is the content of the MOM in goofans the same as the ingame MOM?

3) and the content of the one you (MyGod) make is the same as the original (the MOM in WOG) but with a few tweaks. Is that right? or all the content of the three versions of MOM are the same? (Mygods version, Goofans version, Original version)

P.S. (copied from above^) I see that you have updated your website! its look pretty awesome! but is there an english version? or do i need to use google page translator?

1) No.
2) No.
3) No. Content in goofans's one is the same as mine.
P.S. Yes. See the updated link in the original post.

No i mean your website http://www.mygod.tk that looks like windows 8!

Oh. I'm considering making an English version but since there's a lot of stuff to be translated I haven't started it yet. Currently you have to use Google Translate. If you are just wondering where I found that style, just click here.