Goo widget?

13 replies [Last post]

Does anyone think it's possible to make a tower of goo widget, or a mini World of goo widget (like a few awesome levels or even the entire first chapter), or even a miniature infinitive windows freezer for Macintosh? That would be nice if it was possible.

here is density chart:

http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php/topic,1819.0.html

I'm lazy to calculate but I think you can do it Smile

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

It's blocked, which means I can't see it! CRAP!

Blocked where? I can see it.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

Some computers have it blocked for safety reasons: my macintosh does, and my windows isn't functional. (because I misplaced the charger...)

O.K. I saw It on a different cpu and What am I supposed to do exactly?

OK... Drained Common that is used in WoG Corporation has "mass 30" and "tower mass 3.0" (what ever that means Smile ) so multiply by 300 you get 9000 for "mass" and 900 for "tower mass"

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Ok I get it, but what about the widget?

I think davidc Pavke means that you should try figuring out how to implement it into the widget and the program it.

Well I'm not THAT good of a programer...

Neither am I, yet I still made something that more or less works. Just read up on stuff and you can usually figure it out. Have you looked at the Rapid Prototyping framework? With some tweaks that could be made to work with a Mac. Of, course, I'm not sure if you can include executables in widgets...

I'm not sure either...
EDIT: Can you show me what you made that more-or-less-works please?

By more or less work I mean my WoG Portable. You just have to experiment with things until it works. Currently, my work-in-progress build (of WoG Portable) is sort of broken. But I'm not giving up, 'cause I've gotta push out a new release soon.

Just try your hand at stuff. Go look up how to make a widget and read up on it (there's a lot, though).

@GMMan Yeah, same thing with GooMaker. By the way, do you remember telling me that the GUI was horrible? Well, I'm almost done with v0.8 and the GUI looks like classic, windows-style form. The screen is MUCH smaller, and it doesn't have that distracting background anymore. Tongue Although I STILL can't figure out how to publish a goomod through VB, this version will at least be able to create the addin.xml's!

This version will come out in a few days at most. Laughing out loud