IWT Goomod Help Thread (Part 2)

1 reply [Last post]

NOTE: Since the last forum thread got locked completely unnecessarily, this thread is the continuation of the previous one. Same author, just under a slightly different forum thread name.
You can view the old 33 posts here if you want: http://goofans.com/forum/goofans/goofans-game/30765

27 Oct 2019 Update:

6. 6 months. 6 months since the last update I wrote on here.

I'm dearly sorry for practically hiding in the dark for so long. If I had known that it'd have been this long since the previous update, I'd have updated you all much sooner. In any case, I'm sorry for the wait, and I'll just get into discussing what all has been happening.

1. Where did I just disappear to?
Life. My real life has been rather hectic these past 6 months. A lot has happened and I've not had the time to update these two forum threads that I've created and basically abandoned. It's been really doing a number on me with school and other things getting in the way of my free time. All I can say is that I've been living my life, and that's about all I can say.

2. Did the goomods just get straight up abandoned or are you still working on them?
Both of them have been abandoned. So, I know you're probably thinking: "You didn't even work a month on the new one; why are you abandoning it?" Chapter 1 overriding. Those goomodders who have managed to override Chapter 1, good for y'all. I don't know how you did it. And after wracking my brain trying to override Chapter 1, I realize now that 4 chapters is long enough. 5 would be cool, but 4 is sufficient. New goomod? Perhaps so. And if you're thinking to yourself, "Good luck," thanks for that.

3. Why are you still on here?
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, a big thanks to all of the people in the original Part 1 thread that helped a tremendous amount. If it wasn't for them, I'd still be wandering clueless as to how to do this whole goomodding thing. I know it's a long and tedious process, and I have experienced that. Note that I didn't ever finish either one, but I at least got to experience it.

4. Anything else?
Well... not really. All I can say is that I am really and truly sorry that I've been dormant on here for so long. At the end of the day, it's better for me that I put my real life first, and this goomod ordeal second, or even lower down on my priorities.

I know you're absolutely tired of me saying this, but sincerely, a HUGE thank you to those in the original thread who helped me out.

If I don't update again for a long time, it's not because I hate you all or that I'm just straight up lazy, it's just that I've been doing so much lately that it's hard for me to find the time where I can sit down and update y'all on this stuff.

Take care, and have a good day or night, wherever you are in the world.

- Fire S./It's Me Fire

Regarding chapter 1, you can actually override it the same way as every other chapter, its just that doing so would make the goomod incompatible with most other mods, which is fine. For example, my 5 chapter mods override chapter 1 just like all the other chapters, but if you activate another mod other than the 5 chapter mod, it crashes the game. Like I said, people dont mind this much since when they activate a big chapter mod on gootool they focus on playing the big mod instead of individual levels that they also activated. When they want to play the individual level mods, they deactivate the big mod and activate the individual levels, no biggie. So really, overriding chapter 1 isnt that much of an issue at all if it is incompatible with other mods activated.

I now go by StrixToxis.