I can't install any addin

5 replies [Last post]

I had an error with goo tool that don't let me open chapter one, so I uninstall everything, then I installe it again and it works but after i install goo tool again i can't install any addin, I can run the program, and the game but when i try to install an addin mark an error.

Error launching world of goo
Cannot run program "C:\Userrs\Karma\Documents\world of goo directory\WorldOfGoo.exe"(in directory "C:\users\Karma\Documents\world of goo directory'): CreateProcess error=740, the requested operation requires elevation

please help me, i love this game

Tongue K@RW@

My guess is that you need to run Goo tool as administrator (hence elevation message).

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein

it works, thanks a lot. Tongue

Tongue K@RW@

That makes absolutely no sense. If WoG is in your personal directory, then why would GooTool need elevation to execute a file that you (should) have the "Full Control" privilege?

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

Windows is refusing to run the process at all via CreateProcess which is how Java executes it. The executable (and presumably the original) have been set to run as administrator (or possibly through compatibility settings), but Windows will only open the consent dialog if you use ShellExecute instead of CreateProcess. And goodness knows how to do that in Java without adding platform-specific code, so 'run as' is the way to go!

-davidc

That makes sense. Too bad I can't program anything past AutoIt and minimal (really minimal) amounts of Perl Sad

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!