1.0.3 release

9 replies [Last post]

I think I'm about ready to release 1.0.3 and get that out of the way so I can have a clean break for the more major changes in 1.1.0 (fast rebuild, movie/animation compilation, dependencies, and chapter 1 reorganisation).

Let me know if there's anything urgent that needs to be done, otherwise I'm going to release 1.0.3 in the next day or two. Roadmap/changelog/open issues are all on mantis.

Here's a changelog for 1.0.3 so far:

1.0.3, unreleased

- This is the first full release with the full source code simultaneously released (#0000244).
- Available addins are now stored in your home directory and not your custom directory. They will be moved automatically upon upgrade to this version (#0000263).
- Consume World of Goo's stdout, possible fix for long hangs on "Save and Launch" (#0000261).
- Added new command-line utility "gooinfo" to dump information about user's profile and tower under Windows and Linux. Run it on its own for syntax (#0000249).
- Added "gooinfo -validateaddin" to do preliminary addin sanity check (currently just validates the manifest) (#0000250).
- .bin files are now strictly prohibited in the override directory.
- Fixed installation of addins with XML special characters (quotation marks etc) in level name/subtitle (#0000266).
- If a background task fails due to a fatal error (e.g. out of memory), don't assume the task has succeeded (#0000268).
- Fix profile tower rendering under Mac OS X (#0000265).
- Fix location of Steam install. Automatically locate World of Goo 32-bit install on 64-bit Windows.
- Don't throw an exception in addin update check if no addins are installed (#0000271).
- Abort the build if the target custom directory is the same as the source directory (#0000272).
- Refuse to install goomods with upper-case characters in their file extension, to avoid cross-platform incompatibility (#0000275).
- Correctly load the level history from a user's profile, handles levels with names like 4444 (#0000269).
- Addins with unsatisfied dependencies now show red in the addins tab (#0000178).
- Decode broken UTF-8 in World of Goo profile names prior to version 1.40 (#0000270).

Cool! Couple of things though...

I take it the #0000178 (Unsatisfied Dependancies) is just .. shows in red.
It doesn't (yet) do anything "more" like.. telling you what's missing.

and..
Can I put in a request for #0000252 (cutscene and skipeolsequence)
They're likely to become more of a problem now the Movie Editor is.. "out".

178 just shows in red yeah... you can do properties on the addin to see missing dependencies in red (this has been the case for a while). There are more fundamental problems with dependencies though (like ensuring they exist, and getting them in the right order), and auto-download/enable of missing dependencies, that are to be resolved in the 1.1 series. This is a stop-gap so at least you can see where the problem is better.

I'll work on 252 now.

-davidc

- Fix skipeolsequence/cutscene not being respected for levels using addin manifest version 1.1 (#0000252).
- Fix dependency max-version not being shown correctly on the addin properties dialog.

NICE! Can't wait for it to be released! Now I can put the cutscene on my 2DBoy Headquarters mod...Wink

EDIT: By the way, is it possible to decrypt an entire PC WorldOfGoo folder, the re-encrypt it for Mac?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

If you use the Advanced->Decrypt/Encrypt menu, you can select a folder instead of a file and it'll do it recursively, so yes.

Why you would want to, I don't know... you'd need the Mac exe too!

-davidc

No, just wondering how to make a Mac-compatible version of Another Planet. Can it do the same for .png.binltl's?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

@AP:
Just make the goomod (as normal) with compile xmls and override pngs etc..
GooTool will handle the conversion to Mac formats / encryptions, if it's on a Mac

Yes, as long as you use compile/merge for XML, you're okay, GooTool will handle the Mac conversion. For pngs, it makes png.binltl automatically for pngs in the override directory.

In fact this new version strictly prohibits you putting .bin files in the override directory, to stop people making Mac-incompatible mods by mistake!

-davidc

No, the point is for a non-goomod one, like FL original.