Where is my pers2.dat file?

8 replies [Last post]

I've been using Windows 7, but now I'm using Windows XP, and I don't know where is my pers2.dat file.

Does anyone know where it is?

Be happy and live life at your own pace

Are you trying to find where it was stored when you were using Windows 7, or where World of Goo is looking for it now that you're on XP?

Either way, you might find this page useful.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

A message from Microsoft Internet Explorer says that the location could not be found. My Local Settings folder must be hidden or something.

Why are you using Internet Explorer to traverse your local file system? Try pressing Windows-R and typing the path into the "Run" box.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I tried that, and Windows gave me an error that said "Windows can't find the file 'C:\Documents'".
It works fine if "Local Settings" isn't written in the box.

Strange, it sounds like it's choking on the space in "Documents and Settings", but I thought the Run dialog didn't care about whitespace. Try putting quotes around it, perhaps?

You're having trouble with spaces. Windows-R and then just type "%LOCALAPPDATA%\2DBoy" without the quotes.

davidc wrote:
You're having trouble with spaces. Windows-R and then just type "%LOCALAPPDATA%\2DBoy" without the quotes.

Surprisingly, that didn't work either.

Case closed. The problem was the language on my computer this whole time. I found my profile, loaded it in GooTool, and backed it up. Thanks anyway!