Curious Cloud Question

9 replies [Last post]

I've noticed several times I see my own cloud, but sometimes I see ANOTHER cloud of mine at a different altitude.
Any ideas why?
Quest

**sings** "Here I Goo again on my own. Gooing down the only road I've ever known."

It might be possible that there is another person using the same name on their profile as you. This is the only explanation I can think of...besides a bug in the server.

It can also be your your first profile. That second cloud that you see is probably your highest tower, witch date is still on the server...

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

All are possible, I admit. However:
I have noticed the height of the 2nd cloud as being one I have reached before at the time I was there, or a height I previously had, but the cloud remained.
I'm almost comfortable accepting it as a minor bug/glitch or something...
Smile **smiles** Smile
...Anyways, wonder if anyone else has this happen to them?
-AVT

**sings** "Here I Goo again on my own. Gooing down the only road I've ever known."

Nope. It has never happened to me...

It JUST happened to me! The almost exact same EVERYTHING!

...hmm strange indeed...

Those mischievous GOO clouds!

...Makes me think the CLOUDS are actually made of GOO! (or have a mind of it's own cause they follow you around every where 24/7)

All I think is the server didn't process the request right and gave you a cloud with your own name on it. The cloud that follows your tower is local, while all other clouds are requested from the server every few minutes. If I have time, I'll look through the interface with the WoG Corp cloud system. (Yes, I know it's https, but I hex edited the executable to send it in http.)

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

It happens quite often for me, but I've grown used to it.
Although it does not interrupt things, I am curious to know the official reason it happens. Your idea, GMMan, sounds, well, sound!
-AVT