Profile Bug at my GooTool!

9 replies [Last post]

My GooTool bugged for a long time. My Profiles have bugs and it can't be removed. I have a different scoreboard on my records, but when I look at GooTool, still can't be improved. My tower is high but in GooTool, still didn't improved. Can anyone fixed this?

EVERYTHING AMAZING BY INWOG

inwog, publisher of 407 World of Goo levels since 2009-2015

Uh, could you work on your English a bit, please?
Do you mean that your tower doesn't automatically refresh in GooTool, or that when you press the "Refresh" button, it doesn't update your tower?
Is your profile corrupt, meaning that you have the "too much free time" and "serious OCD" badges when you didn't really get all the OCD's on levels and stuff?
If only GooTool is the problem, try double-checking and making sure it's pointed at the right profile (There can be up to three in the pers2.dat file)
If your profile is bad, I'd recommend deleting it and starting from scratch (Not fun). Otherwise, I'd recommend trying to decrypt it, fix it, and encrypt it again. However, it is VERY easy to make mistakes doing this (I myself tried once and failed). (Once again, not fun).

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

I strongly advise against manually editing your profile.
Please make absolutely sure that you're using the right path to your profile in GooTool before even decrypting it. The profile file may be in different directories depending on your operating system, its version and your WoG version.
This might help. The Vista section also applies to Windows 7.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

Yeah, I wouldn't advise manually editing your profile either. Sorry I mentioned it. Puzzled

I have 7, and my profile is located in C:/Users/YourNameHere/AppData/Local/2DBOY/World of Goo/pers2.dat

Gootool is showing your old pers2.dat file, before you patched it. So, like thB said, depending on your operating system go look at the places where pres2.dat file is stored before the patch, delete it and everything should be ok.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Yeah. When I upload my Profile to goofans, the pers2.dat can remeber my scores, but on GooTool, Can't be improved my score.

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Do you use GooTool or the web interface for uploading?

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

I don't know? I didn't try it yet.

inwog wrote:
I don't know? I didn't try it yet.

When you use Gootool, you use the program. When you use the web-interface, you are in your web browser.