Signs Mixup

5 replies [Last post]

This is real weird. Today, I finished my new level, The Zero Gravity Experimental Teleportation Station (just call it ZGETS). So I made a .goomod of it, and installed it through GooTool. But then, when I check it out, both signs in ZGETS contain the text of the two signs in my other level, Beauty in Cyberspace. But Beauty in Cyberspace still has its own text in its signs. So, what I do is I disable Beauty in Cyberspace through GooTool, then check out ZGETS again. It's sweet and the signs are cool. Then, after finishing it, I enable Beauty in Cyberspace again. Now, the signs in ZGETS are normal, but the signs in Beauty in Cyberspace have the text from ZGETS! It's SO weird!

This isn't really a huge problem, I can work around it, but I'd like to know what's going on, if anyone knows. It might happen with other mods, too.

(I'm using GooTool version 1.0.3.441)

You probably named the sign texts the same in your levels. Depending witch level is first in your GooTools levels list that sign is installed first and thats why you see this weired bug.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

That must be it. In both my levels the text files are called "signpost1" and "signpost2". It's very strange. You'd think that WoG could tell the difference, as they're both in their own level's folder. But now I know that I should name the text strings level-unique.

Thanks Pavke!

There are both added to same Resource.xml so one overrides other

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

It's better to use SIGN_LEVELNAME_1, etc.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yeah, that's what I did. For example, the signs in Beauty in Cyberspace are called signpost1-BeautyInCyberspace signpost2-BeautyInCyberspace.