Can't automatically find WorldOfGoo.app?

19 replies [Last post]

Hi I Think I've got the same problem like some of you on a PC but I'm using a Mac and couldn't find anything in the forum.

GooTool ask me to locate the World of Goo. With the File Format "World of Goo" I can not select the app. if I use "all Files" then I can select the app but when I open it an error says "World of Goo was not found at /Applications/world of Goo.app"

Anybody a idea what to do? Please help it would be great to have that tool.

Please right-click (or ctrl+click) the "World of Goo" application, and "Show Package Contents". Look in Contents -> MacOS. Is there a file named exactly "World of Goo" in there?

That's what GooTool is looking for - if it's not there the application can't be selected with file format "World of Goo", nor will GooTool consider it a valid installation.

David

Thanks David
I can't find any World of Goo file in the MacOS Folder.
What is wrong? How to get the file in there?

Sascha

Is there anything in there at all? I wonder how it's running! Where did you download/buy it?

I've got the exact same issue. I've check all of the files and folders and there isn't anything named "World of Goo". I downloaded my Mac version from Big Fish Games, if that helps to shed any light on the problem.

What's in the Contents/MacOS folder?

There are 3 files: BigMacWrapper, BigMacWrapper_ppc, and BigMacWrapper_x86. If I look under info, it states that they are all Unix Executable File (Intel).

Aha. So Big Fish Games have their own executable. I'll add this to the search list.

The how I use it in the 2008 version

That would be great, thank you! Any ETA on when I should look for the modified version to download?

I have a Mac and bought mine at Big Fish games too. How do I get Goo Tools to find the WorldOfGoo.app?

This is fixed in 0.10.6 which I am releasing this week (although I might call it 1.0.0 instead).

I downloaded the new version today - tried to install it and now I get a different error:

"Error reading current configuration: /World of Goo.app/Contents/Resources/game/properties/config.txt (No such file or directory)"

Any suggestions?

Any solution yet?

I have the same problem. I have GooTool v1.0.3.441 and have down loaded WOG from BigFish. I have tried moving the app to another location in the contents folder. The app is down a level in the resources folder and GooTool cannot find it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that WorldOfGoo.exe is in the "res" directory, or do you mean GooTool is there?

@puggsoy There is no .exe on Mac. This is a Mac threat.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Hence the ".app" part that you only find on macs. Tongue

Ah yes, of course. I assumed dalhorn was using Windows.

Sorry 'bout that.

Can you do this from the Terminal?

cd /Applications (or wherever your World of GOo is)
ls -alR "World of Goo.app" > ~/filelist.txt

then e-mail me the filelist.txt that you'll find in your home directory. (davidc @ this site)

-davidc