Profile in game WOG

9 replies [Last post]

Hello everyone, i reacently got my new computer, and instaling WOG and GooTool on my new win 7. I have no problem restore a backup from gootool, but when i press save and launch i cant find that profile on the game, i cant build tower or nothing justy empty space, so my question is how can i restore my profile in the game? So i can actualy play as previously saved tower so i can going on...

Sry for my bad english...

Try do it manually.
After you use GooTool to restore your profile

go to: 'C:\ProgramData\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo'
if you find there pers2.dat file copy it to 'C:\Users\%yourname%\AppData\Local\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo'

if you can find anything at 'C:\ProgramData\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo'
then do the other way around, copy it from '...\%yourname%\AppData\Local\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo' to 'C:\ProgramData\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo'

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

So i need to copy pers2.dat to the instal folder, otherwise i cant find 2DBoy on AppData ?

EDIT: I tried everything, i really dont know what to do, i tried to create another acc on goofans site, but gootool are always show up the same profile, didnt play this for so long time, i changed comp, and now these problems, this is just unbealivable... Dont know what to do... Think i will just let it goo...Sad

I see you build a 44m tower, nice work. Don't panic! Smile
What's your game version? v1.0 or v1.3?

I have v1.0 i think, no patching yet...

OK, patch it! http://www.worldofgoo.com/dl2.php?lk=patch

Delete these folders, both of them
'C:\ProgramData\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo'
'C:\Users\%yourname%\AppData\Local\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo'

Now, run GooTool and click restore profile

Now if that doesn't help then you didn't backup your profile correctly
Only way that you can retrieve it is to ask davidc to send you the one that you have published

Nothing....i can restore profile, i see all levels that i finnished up and the image on the right side of gootool, but when the game shows up i must start from begining no profile there i must create a profile instead of continuie from what i restored...tnx for help but i cant get solution...really...

I solved the problem but with new acc...so tnx for help...Tongue

Creating a new account is no way to solve a problem. All it does is add heft to your system. Read this: http://goofans.com/forum/gootool/general-discussion/1401#comment-8806

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

GooTool doesn't know the correct location where your profile should be stored until you run the game for the first time and create a profile. If you make GooTool restore BEFORE running the game, it will create the file in the wrong place, probably forever.

The solution is to delete all pers2.dat files on your system, run the game, create a dummy profile, exit the game, and THEN restore in GooTool.

-davidc