Records Challenges

5 replies [Last post]

So I was considering the possibility of some sort of ongoing challenge for players to improve their skills. Each round, players are challenged to try and get the best score on a custom level in a certain category (max balls, min moves, fastest time, fastest time OCD). It will work like so:

-The winner of the last round may either choose the next challenge to be used, OR be able to compete in the next round. Note that if the second option is chosen, if the player wins again they will not be allowed to compete in the round after that, to allow others a chance.
-The user who has chosen the level may not compete in the same round, as that would be unfair.
-Each round lasts a week.
-If two players tie, whoever reached that score first wins.
-The category chosen must not be trivial to max out for the given level, or be one which already has records submitted for it on the addin page. This (sadly) leaves out some great levels, but it is necessary.

Any comments/suggestions/questions before this starts?

My Top 5 tower[s]: 51.38m Profile | 51.17m Video - Click on my username to see my addins.

Okay, so the first one is for Goo in Space (minimum time, non-OCD): http://goofans.com/download/level/goo-space

I know there is already a time posted for it, but a. That time is an OCD time, and b. It's not hard to beat the time posted there.

My Top 5 tower[s]: 51.38m Profile | 51.17m Video - Click on my username to see my addins.

Interesting idea Deku. And that is one of my favorite levels, and I'm good at it. I'll try and beat the time Wink

I have a feeling that not many people are going to join in on this. Anyway, I thought I'd have a quick go and post the first ever score - 15 sec. You may not want expert players taking part, so you can discount it if you want. Although, I did limit myself to only two load ups of the level - the first to check it out and see what to do, and the second to have my one and only attempt.

yes this is certainly interesting! and if you look the traffic on the website it is pretty crowded (well right now there is 7 users online, thats quite crowded for this site Tongue)

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

Well it's been more than a week now. There was still room for others to win though - the best of my attempts was 13 seconds.