What is the low-pitched software instrument used in "Jelly"?

9 replies [Last post]

Good evening. I'm new, obviously, but I had a question and I wondered if someone might be able to give me an answer. (That is what forums are for, no?)

If you've heard the full version of "Jelly", you'll know that in the second half of the piece, there's a very low-pitched software instrument (the one that goes C#... B A A... G#... etc.) in the background. I like it very much and would potentially want to use it in one of my own creations.

So, first, what program was used to produce the WOG soundtrack? Is this known (and, perchance, is it Logic)?
Second, what instrument is that, or what's a similar version of it?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

~CM~

HTIC is the hardest level on mobile, change my mind

Maybe the moderators know.

Nerdy Z is coming.

Lolz. Um, no. We don't magically know everything.
I don't have a link right now, but have you downloaded the full World of Goo soundtrack from Kyle's site? There's an extended version of the song there, which may help you figure it out. There were also some sheet music threads here and there on this site, you may want to use the search bar. Beyond that I dunno, sorry.

Here's the link. I think he made the song using a keyboard and a flute.

My Profile

Hey are you going to reproduce the music? I'd love to hear what you will create.

Anyway as stated here, Kyle used REAPER to create the music. And that bass instrument sounds like double bass or fretless bass to me.

P.S. I had the same idea last week. Here's what I've arranged. More on the way. Suggestions are absolutely welcome.
02. The Goo Filled Hills
04. Another Mysterious Pipe Appeared

EDIT: Well, Jelly wasn't so hard.
09. Jelly

On the topic of soundtracks, anybody have the full old album? I really want to get my hands on it.

I made goomods.

Hm, that link isn't working for me either anymore. See if it comes back up in the next couple days? Otherwise I have a copy and can find a place to upload it for the meantime.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Weird; the link works perfectly fine for me. Have a mirror.

It works for me too. Maybe someone has fixed it? Puzzled