gooball attaching

11 replies [Last post]

im making a new level and i was wondering if anyone knows how to attach a goo strand to a non-static object

I don't think it's possible,try adding an anchor to the object and adding a strand to the anchor.

Crazeh man!

the anchor will stay where it is placed and i want the object and the anchor to be able to move

What that dude sayz. If you want to add strand to a shape, you have to stuff an anchor in it (but make sure it doesn't glitch when you do it). Remember the Upper shaft? KABLOOIE! And all the ivys were hangin' on for their dear goo.

They were using an anchorfriendly for the upper shaft so that it moved when it went down like an actual physics enabled ball. (Well, technically that's pretty much what it is in a nut shell.)

I think Anchor sticky sticks to an object.

Crazeh man!

I think the name gives a hint, doesn't it? Wink

Or anchor friendly.

Crazeh man!

got it, thanks Tongue

I said anchor friendly in my first post. It isn't sticky, other wise it would be called "anchorstickyfriendly"

If I recall right, the "friendly" anchors are ones that you can attach new balls to.

Yes, the only anchor that actually likes to hold on to goo.

You might as well call all the other anchors "anchornonfriendly"

And yes, again, the upper shaft. Smile

To make it look like it directly attaches to the object, an anchorstickyinvisible would work, but I'm not sure if these are "friendly" or not. Maybe a custom ball would do the trick. But otherwise, an anchorsticky would do fine.
AnchorFriendlies are static, I think.