GMMan's New Utility: World of Goo Online Interface

8 replies [Last post]

Continuing my habit of making "hard mods", I'm currently working on making a program for interfacing with the WoG server (you know, in WogC where you can see other people's towers as clouds, with rankings and stuff). I've already got the base library made (ha, in AutoIt3, so you can't use it in your C/C++/Java project any time soon, unless you want to rewrite it), and I'm trying to think of how I'm going to design the GUI.

(Soapbox: I'm really proud of my library. It's the first time I tried structured programming and following general guidelines. (I bet you'll have a hard time trying to understand the source code of WoG Portable.) It's all nicely documented and commented, and as far as I know works perfectly fine.)

If you have any questions, throw it at me.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

So this new program will intercept communications between World of Goo and 2D Boys server and it will provide more informations about towers in the WoG Corporation?

Thats neat. Can't wait

Oh, and I one question. Can you edit this treats name. It's a bit too long and it's making a mess out of tracker page

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Wrong. The communication between WoG and the 2DBoy server is SSL encrypted. This program will independently interface with the 2DBoy server. Because there are things that normal players shouldn't be messing with, there are two editions: a standard and a trusted edition. There are four operations you can do with the 2D Boy server, and only one of them (GetWogcStats) won't make things unfair. The other three (GetPlayerKey, SetLevelStats, and SetWogcStat) can be a bit of trouble, if someone decided to mess with them. So I'm only releasing the standard version, and the trusted version is available after emailing me with sufficient reasoning.

I can't edit the first post, and therefore can't change the title, so you or someone else has to do that. (Edit: I recommend cutting the second part of the title out to make more suspense.)

PS: I bet my testing of the library had created a couple dozens of new players with the 2DBoy server. Sorry, I can't help it.

Hmm... seems to be an interesting intellectual exercise... but I don't see what "use" it will be.

Will it be able to get / display more WogC stats than are currently available in WoGC itself?

And the "trusted edition".. with the Set functions... I can only think of one real use... cheating!

Open to being "enlightened" though... Smile

GetWogcStats doesn't tell you that much of interest, just a few players around your height who are currently online

<WogResponse>';
<local_player_cloud>';
<HighTowerStat';
 player_id="asd"';
 player_name="hi"';
 heightMax="5"';
 countryCode="CA"';
 dateModified="2009-01-01"
 timeModified="13:35:00"';
 />';
</local_player_cloud>';

Yeah, it doesn't. But you can always tweak the height you give to the server to display towers that are higher or lower (AFAIK that doesn't change your tower's stats). And the server actually returns more than what davidc listed.

For the GUI app, I'm writing a profile parser (the GUI should be able to load the playerkey from the profile, because not many people will know their playerkey off hand). It looks like I'm reinventing the wheel, but I'll just duke it out.

If you're getting back more than that from wogbuddy2.php on a GetWogcStats request, do share! That was from the analysis I did at the start of 2009, but I think the 2D Boy servers were down at the time.

-davidc

Well, I think my analysis was done at the beginning of 2010, and instead of returning local_player_cloud, it returned a bunch of HighTowerStats. In addition to the above information, there was also Height (not just HeightMax), ballCount, ballCountAttached, and dateCreated (which I guess would be when the user was registered on their servers). It seems to return all the information sent by SetWogcStat.