how to make a level with a custom ball?

6 replies [Last post]

i mad a custom ball, and successfully installed it with gootool, but when i try to put one in a level with wog editor it says non existent ball type. i think i read something abou this elsewhere, but i forgot. Do i make a level with just a text editor that has it then it will be accessible to wogedit? or is there some other way?

98% of the teen population believes those "98% of ... if you are one of the 2% who don't copy this into your sig" sigs. copy and paste this into your sig if you are one of the 2% who don't believe them.
-madaco

well, because wog editor is using a different directory than gootool, it is not picking up on you gooball type.

if you need only one instance of it, you can just edit the text file by hand and change it appropriately. if you do this, wog editor should give you an error about that ball but dont change it because gootool should merge the addin fine

however, if you want to create multiple instances and editing lots of text is a drag, you can either have wog editor and gootool work in the same directory wich is risky, or you can copy the compiled gooball info to the wog directory

by the same dirictory, do you mean that i would use wogeditor to edit "my custom world of goo" or do you mean that i would put them in the same folder.(i might be doing both but im not sure) also, when i use wog editor custom gooballs from other peoples levels.( like xmasbomb) so i thought if i made a level with just one of them, it would make it available in other levels

98% of the teen population believes those "98% of ... if you are one of the 2% who don't copy this into your sig" sigs. copy and paste this into your sig if you are one of the 2% who don't believe them.
-madaco

You can point wogeditor at your custom directory instead. Though be careful to backup your level before you rebuild in GooTool.

ok, thanks.
edit: it works fine, but my goo ball is invisable... i have a "body" image for it.

-madaco

did you make a resources.xml.xml for your ball in wich you reference the body image?

| Fly Her to the Moon (with Antigravity Goo) | Infinitive Windows Freezer (unlimited Goo playground) |

i have one, but it started with one from another mod, i tried to edit it to my purpose, but i may have made mistakes in doing this. i will double check that file now.

-madaco