HELP! I CAN'T FIND THE LEVEL I MADE!!!

17 replies [Last post]

I was searching for the level folder in Computer and I can't find it! Yet, WoG Editor sees it and opens it when I ask it to! WHERE IS IT!!!

(I'm running Windows 7 but it works exactly like vista so help...?)

it should be in your custom WoG folder, in res/levels/your level name

NONONONONONONO

I told you I searched a number of times for it and the folder I used for WoG Editor was a test folder I copied.

But I found the problem. I had to locate my computer's virtual folders (new "safe" feature of Windows 7) and it was there in the virtual program files folder as if it was the real one. I had to move it to the real folder and change the directory for WoG Editor but it worked!

First of all,POINT WOGEDITOR TO CUSTOM WOG INSTALLATION,THEN LOOK FOR IT!!!Second of all on Vista you can't see your level on original wog installation.

Crazeh man!

GOD YOU GUYS DON'T GET IT!!!

I RUN WINDOWS 7!!! NOT VISTA!!!

No matter which folder I use, the WoG Editor will automatically create a virtual folder for the level unless I move it to the real directory.

Thanks seriously it is fixed now!

you said it runs like vista.

Crazeh man!

Joris wrote:
you said it runs like vista.

Well said Smile

iGoo

well...

I was only saying that because some of it IS like vista but I know a lot of things are different. Take the navigation, taskbar, and user interface for example. I wasn't sure what the problem was so I gave the name Vista as a guide because I'm pretty sure that NOBODY on these forums has Windows 7 Ultimate like me.

I had Windows 7 ultimate.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

well did u get the RC version??? or the real one???

EDIT: RC version is the beta version that was offered to those windows fans who wanted to see it in its early stages.

No, I had the real one. But I changed back to XP because of my studies...

You couldn't study on Windows 7? Wordpad is just like a mix of word 2007 and 2003 with the majority of it from 2007.

My studies include C/C#/C++ in Code::Blocks and linux, Java in Eclipse, VHDL and Verilog in Xilinx, automatics in MatLab... witch is all much better supported on XP then Win7...

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

I'm running 7 Ultimate only in a VM for now (since, well, the day it came out) and installed it on the notebook of a friend. If it proves to be any good and when there's a first service pack, I'm considering going productive with it. Until then, XP is perfectly fine.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

im on linux but i have eclipse-3.5

Back to the original problem...

Like Vista...
Win7 stores the files elsewhere on your drive (VituralStore), but makes them appear in the correct folder for "older" programs.

By default Win7's "Computer" only shows you the files that are ACTUALLY in the folder... But you can show all the virtual stuff as well by clicking the "Compatability Files" button.

NB: If you're not careful... then copying the stuff from the VirtualStore to the Program Files folder will seem to work BUT...
When you next change/save those files with WogEditor or whatever...
Win7 will put the updated versions in the VirtualStore folder. So if you then go through Computer and copy the ones from the Program Files folder... they'll be the old versions!
It can get very confusing! Puzzled
So I reckon you're better leaving the files in the Virtual Store and clicking the "Compatability Files" button in Computer.

{edit} Sorry didn't notice this was a dig... But the point still stands!

Daft as Brush wrote:
Back to the original problem...

Like Vista...
Win7 stores the files elsewhere on your drive (VituralStore), but makes them appear in the correct folder for "older" programs.

By default Win7's "Computer" only shows you the files that are ACTUALLY in the folder... But you can show all the virtual stuff as well by clicking the "Compatability Files" button.

NB: If you're not careful... then copying the stuff from the VirtualStore to the Program Files folder will seem to work BUT...
When you next change/save those files with WogEditor or whatever...
Win7 will put the updated versions in the VirtualStore folder. So if you then go through Computer and copy the ones from the Program Files folder... they'll be the old versions!
It can get very confusing! Puzzled
So I reckon you're better leaving the files in the Virtual Store and clicking the "Compatability Files" button in Computer.

Peeking back on old topics, eh? I found the answer to this and it was discussed somewhere else. That long post of yours wasn't needed.

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Erm, that's why he added this line:

So leave it that now... Locked.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment