Far Lands: Doesn't run??? Mac 10.5, GooTool 1.0.1.366

30 replies [Last post]

I have tried to build a custom WoG with only the Farlands addon.

Nothing shows up in the add-in area on chapter 1.

Mac 10.5, PPC, Gootool 1.0.1.366, WoG 1.30.

I think that maybe...

You should google, bing, & yahoo it
You could try letting the program have Admin Privileges
You should post it on the forums (...?wait a second?...)
Try contacting one of the creators of Gootool

I had this problem too. I first tried it with another level installed, and that one didn't show up either. Then I tried it with only far lands goomod. Didn't work.

You can't stop progress

Yeah...Gootool 1.01 isn't working as planned for macs. Sorry you two.

No, gootool 1.01 works just fine. I think it's just that the game doesn't like the idea of change. All my other 1.1 goomods have worked.

You can't stop progress

That's kinda what I meant...but you could try seeing if the WoG folder is "Write-Protected" because if that's the case then anything done to the folder needs permission from computer administrator.

You mean the "My Custom World of Goo.app" folder? Sure. All the other mods install, no problem. Checking for write permission ... Yep. Owner write on everything, and I'm owner.

Mac World of Goo unfortunately has problems with some mods. Sometimes it depends on the order they're enabled. I am unable to trace why this is.

I'm going to try installing it with the root user. Heheheh.

You can't stop progress

um okay make sure to tell us if it worked for you or not.

Didn't work Sad :'(
Oh well. I can wait.

You can't stop progress

Wait? Sure. Well, you can't stop progress! ( Smile Signature pun!)

Enchanter49 wrote:
Wait? Sure. Well, you can't stop progress! ( Smile Signature pun!)

LOL Nice Laughing out loud . Hopefully this will be solved soon. PAVKE!!! ( Smile )

You can't stop progress

lol ya!

wait... What? Smile I don't understand! Smile

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

I'm having trouble with Far Lands too. Maybe it's just my memory stick giving me a fit again. Anyway, levels 1-6 run fine, but 7 and 8 crash terribly. Like Alt-Tab and Alt-F4 don't work. Let me try downloading again, and seeing if the problem persists.

Getting crashes on levels 3 and 4 on Linux. I post a separate thread if you like. Haven't got to try 5-8 yet.

This is pretty weird...

Oh, there's a gootool log. Ok, not sure if this is a gootool error or if it has to do with the level, but this is the error I'm getting:

Nov 17, 2009 4:04:05 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences checkLockFile0ErrorCode
WARNING: Could not lock System prefs. Unix error code 0.
Nov 17, 2009 4:04:05 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences syncWorld
WARNING: Couldn't flush system prefs: java.util.prefs.BackingStoreException: Couldn't get file lock.

Any ideas?

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Well, I'm not really into Java, but this seems unrelated to me. Levels crashing the game should not be the fault of GooTool anyway. That is if they are correctly compiled and merged into the game, of course.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

Well...

Just a question, how can you turn .goomod files back into whatever it was they were before? (Just after you created the file)
I was thinking that if I could look at the file then I might be able to see the problem.

You can't stop progress

".goomod" files are just ".zip" files and they can be opened in WinRAR or WinZIP or whatever program you use for those. You can also open it by renaming the file extension (rename) from ".goomod" to a ".zip"

Hope I solved your problem!

IM99CAT wrote:
Just a question, how can you turn .goomod files back into whatever it was they were before? (Just after you created the file)
I was thinking that if I could look at the file then I might be able to see the problem.

Yeah, I know. That's how it all works but I don't know what's the problem in MACs since I don't have one.

Okay, tried installing Far Lands again and still crashed on levels 7 and 8.

new version isn't yet uploaded...

Okay. I was just double-checking to make sure that my memory stick wasn't the problem.

MOM4Evr wrote:
Okay, tried installing Far Lands again and still crashed on levels 7 and 8.

Yeah that kinda makes sense...since those levels loaded on my PC (Windows 7) pretty slowly compared to the other levels.

It might be something that has to do with the speed of your computer.

I have a really fast computer (except graphics card). Maybe the card would be the problem.

Or maybe I just wasn't patient enough.

Anyway, hopefully the new version works better.

Wanna put out that Far lands is great. Been enjoying this quite a bit. With the update to 1.0 got no more crashes on levels 3-8. Found out that this had to with widescreen support that has just been added.

Thank you!

wow lol cool