I need help with using WoG Editor!!!

13 replies [Last post]

Could someone show me a detailed, step-by-step video on using WoG Editor

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

@Martin33: The video takes over 20 mins to download! I cant download anything over 15 mins Sad

@pavke: the tutorial is confusing... the add new resorce doeasnt show up A.K.A. needs to be more detailed

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

Okay, when I first started using WOG Editor, it was really confusing (It's a confusing program!). It took me forever to figure out that to add something to the level, you have to right-click on the "level" element way at the top, and the same to add something to a scene (like a scene layer). For the resources, it's a bit different, because there is a "resourcemanifest" as well as a child "resources". Right-clicking on the "resources" child will give you your two options "add child Image" or "add child Sound." To add an image you can:
1. Create a picture using GIMP or such and copy it into the folder where the level is you're working on, e.g (WOG installation location)/res/levels/yourlevel. You can then click the "add resources" button at the top of WOG editor to have it automatically create the resource for you.
2. If you want to use already-existing WOG artwork, click on the "resources" tab along the right side and right-click on "resources" near the top of that tab. choose "add child Image" from that menu and a new Image will appear in the tab with an "id" of Image1 and a blank "path," which WOG Editor will highlight in red. Type the path of the image you want, for example, res/levels/EconomicDivide/cliff2
Does this help?

the image importing makes sense, but when i click update level resorces... the image doesnt show up...

"update level resources" puts to resources file images, which are in your level's folder. e.g. when you've got level in res/levels/levelname, it puts into resources file all images from res/levels/levelname. If you want to put into level a gear image from res/images/levelimages, you must make it manually. right-click on resources, choose "add new image" and fill it: in ID whatever you want (not used earlier), in path res/images/levelimages/gear1.

I'll make a video tutorial for you and post it on youtube.

thanks enchanter

Well, I don't know how long it will take...I tried yesterday with two different screencapture software AND my webcam...

The first screencapture: Didn't start, had an update. I didn't care.

The second screencapture: Recorded everything except that it only had one frame every two seconds (really glitchy video) and the sound from my microphone was off.

Webcam: Started it, recorded everything on my screen + my voice on the microphone perfectly. The only problem was...it seemed only to save the last part of the video.

I'll keep trying though.

bummer...

When you click "Update Level Resources" There should be a new line that appears in the resources tab that says something like "LEVEL_IMAGE_[NAME]".

*Goes into confused mode*

http://goofans.com/forum/world-of-goo/modding/876

I just made this. Took me a few hours, but I hope you like it! Smile