World Of Goo Console Output

8 replies [Last post]

I tried to use UseShellExecute = false, RedirectStandardOutput = true(C#) to get the World Of Goo console output but the World Of Goo didn't pop any windows. Anyone know how to get the console output?

Here's a link to my program and the source code.

P.S. I stopped the process and get the result:
[t=-1.00] ---------------- loading persistent data ----------------------------
[t=-1.00] countrycode = CN
[t=-1.00] fullscreen = false
[t=-1.00] mrpp = 0
[t=-1.00] profile_0 = Mygod,31,313233,73,GoingUp,11,3,19,EconomicDivide,16,8,29...(my profile data)

I think the console output was removed mostly from the final version, but there do seem to be some text strings from it in the source.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

In the Linux version, I think all the console output is redirected to the error log file, as this seems to be considerably larger and more in-depth than the log files were when I looked at them in Windows. I dunno, though.

I find how! Use command prompt.
Enter WorldOfGoo.exe >output.txt 3>error.txt and amazing things will happen.
(Tested on 1.20Win)

You can also try using "tee WorldOfGoo output.txt" to print it to the screen at the same time.

But good job! I wouldn't have thought of using >>.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

tee? Did you mean tree?

No, tee. As in, T

My computer doesn't seem to support this command.
I tried WorldOfGoo >CON but it didn't work.

I make a add-in to get the console output more easily.
Could someone help me to publish it?