HELP!!! Android Extra Levels.

7 replies [Last post]

I have beaten world of goo on android, and just found out I might be able to add extra levels to it. Can anyone help me find the /data/data folder and add a new level to it? My device is rooted.

There is no way to do that afaik. Maybe we can make a World of Goo exe to apk converter or something like that so that we can load new levels on Android without making a GooTool for Android.

It should be possible to add new levels without GooTool because the files are unencrypted on Android, right?

I'm not sure where the files would be, but there should be lots of XML and PNG files there. It should be possible to just copy the compile and override areas of a goomod into there to add new levels.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I tried to change out the save game with the modded one, like it said to on another post about this i was looking at, bit it did not work. Im not sure how I would compile and override areas of a goomod to add the new levels, as Albino said.

Try searching for a file ending in binltl or starting in EconomicDivide, I believe both will be unique to WoG. Once you have the file location I'll see if there's a way.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I really don't know how to do most things like that. That is why I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to step by step

Sorry, but I'm not an Android user. I know it's Linux-based, so if you can get to a Linux shell you should be able to find it that way. Try the following commands.

find / -name '*.binltl'
find / -name 'EconomicDivide*'

Tell me what the output is, it should contain the right directory.

As far as I know, the wog's res folder is located in assets/ folder of its .apk. Every file in there has an added .mp3 extension, like this: TwCenMTCondensedExtraBold18.png.mp3. You have to open the .apk of wog on your pc, and then mod it. It will be a bit difficult thought, because you have to change man things that GooTool changes.
This is what I know so far about .apk of wog. I don't know how it installs it on the phone. Hope I was helpful.