uppercase .PNG extension

2 replies [Last post]

Hello all. This is my first time posting in the forum and I hope I'm in the right topic. I just tried to install a user-made level but got an old error I've never known what to do with. GooTool complained of an uppercase .PNG extension on a file in the package. I've downloaded hundreds of levels from this website but this error keeps popping up. Is it just an error of the person making the level or is there something I can do about it? Also if I don't disable the level all of the installed levels except that one and maybe a few other disappear from chap. 1. Thank you

The hearts of the sons of men are full of evil and insanity is in their hearts throughout their lives. Afterwards they go to the dead. -Ecc. 9:3

Wow, this problem must be a lot more common than I thought, then.
The problem is in the addin itself. We (by this I mean davidc) changed the goomod format to not allow uppercase file extensions (which supposedly causes problems in non-Windows versions of World of Goo, but I've yet to test it myself). So, these old addins that used to work cause an error now. If you could let us know (on their respective download pages, or make a list here) what addins cause this, it would be most appreciated, and we will fix them as soon as possible. Also post if you find any other errors.
Thanks! Smile

And the problem with a bunch of levels not showing is caused by the same thing: GooTool will stop merging in addins when it encounters an error, so addins higher on the addins list than this problem addin will be added, while the others will be skipped.

I can't remember all of the addins that caused me this problem but I think I've reported most of them on their download pages. Concerning the most recent one (that prompted me to post this topic), MOM4Evr just fixed the issue for me. Oh wait I see that is you. Thanks Smile :) Smile By the way I really appreciate the existence of this website and that it is run by helpful people. I think that makes WOG one of the best games in modern times.

The hearts of the sons of men are full of evil and insanity is in their hearts throughout their lives. Afterwards they go to the dead. -Ecc. 9:3