GooTool refreshing problem

13 replies [Last post]

I'm having problem refreshing my gootool.When I try to refresh it dosen't refresh and shows my another player name in world of goo.I play It in windows 7 so anyone knows what to do?Thanks. Smile

-naveed

My Profile

What do you mean by "refreshing"? As far as I know there's no such option on GooTool. Do you mean you close the application and then open it again?

No the refresh button which is at the top right corner.

My Profile

Oh, well that's strange, it works for me and I'm using Windows 7. What are you trying to refresh though? Are you replacing pers2.dat?

No I just want to refresh my profile to see how many goos,move and time I made.One more thing,I cant find my pers2.dat profile in the C disk.

My Profile

On Windows 7 pers2.dat should be located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo, unless you haven't installed patch 1.30 in which case it will be in C:\ProgramData\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo.

Not sure what the problem with GooTool is though. Does it refresh your goos/moves/time properly if you close and then reopen GooTool?

No it shows me my other player name which i deleted few days ago and how do I download the patch?

My Profile

You can download the patch here (it's also in MOM's signature). It's good to have either way, it fixes some bugs plus it's needed to test levels in WooGLE.

I honestly wouldn't know what's wrong with your profile. You do know that you can look at other player names using the dropdown box in GooTool, right?

yes I know.When i get to my main player and refresh it changes me back to my non-exsisting player profile.

My Profile

That's really strange, I honestly don't know why it would still think that the profile still exists. Maybe pers2.dat doesn't really have the data removed, it just tells WoG not to use it.

But do your new records still come up for your main, existing player?

No it dose'nt.As you can see my sign say that I collected 1296 goo balls but in goofans it says 1261 because I cant refresh my profile.

My Profile

There must be two pers2's in use, probably in the locations puggsoy said. See where gootools file location for the profile is, it should be the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo. If it still doesnt show the correct one then you need to find it and put it in that location.
You should make copies of all the pers2's just in case you delete the right one.

I find only 1 pers2.dat

Edit: I deleted the pers2.dat and gootool and than reinstall gootool again and it worked Smile thanks pugg and peter.

My Profile

Yeah, GooTool was probably pointing at the wrong pers2.dat. In any case glad you got it sorted.