[Android] Kindle Fire HD 8.9" compatibility

2 replies [Last post]

I bought the Humble Bundle for Android 4 which has World of Goo in it a while ago, but just got a Kindle Fire HD 8.9". I downloaded it but when I attempt to install it, it says the installation failed. Does anyone know if World of Goo is compatible with that platform? Has anyone gotten it to work?

Thanks

Hmm, according to http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/611154-humble-b... , it _should_ work ok with the Kindle Fire, but they may have changed a lot of stuff with the latest version of Kindle Fire HD, so I dunno. Your best bet may actually be to email the Humble Bundle people about it, since they may know more than we do.

Thanks for the reply. Anecdotal evidence I've Googled so far indicates that an app's ability to run on Kindle Fire HD seems to be unrelated to its ability to run on the original Kindle Fire. I'm guessing they made a lot of under-the-hood changes. I'll email Humble Bundle and see if they have any advice. I couldn't get BIT.TRIP BEAT to work either, though several of the games do work such as Cogs, Eufloria, Osmos, and Crayon Physics Deluxe.