Is there a site problem?

10 replies [Last post]
JDH

Cannot open GooTool or any of my downloads for addins. Could be a system problem. How do I re-install GooTool? Is there a site problem? Do I have to go through BigFish games again? Alternatives to accessing game?

JDH<3

Do you get any error messages when you try to launch GooTool?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

JDH

No. "locating goo tool" just continues to run.
I'm having serious goo withdrawal.

JDH<3

Hm. Could you check the log file?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

JDH

Reloaded game. Have original World of Goo. Attempting to reinstall Another Planet.
Same error message: Goo Tool Cannot locate WorldOfGoo.exe. I appreciate your suggestions for this non techi fan.
Not a bit sure this is helpful!! Sorry.
Log File:
Oct 17, 2013 12:13:03 AM com.goofans.gootool.GooTool main
INFO: Launching gootool 1.0.3.441
INFO: Java version 1.7.0_25 from Oracle Corporation in C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
INFO: OS Windows XP version 5.1 on x86
Oct 17, 2013 12:13:03 AM com.goofans.gootool.aq a
INFO: GooTool already running, send arguments to primary instance

JDH<3

Hm. Which operating system are you on?

JDH

Windows XP.
Have restored system- didn't work
Have run RegCure to clean up / fix
Have re-purchased WOG- but of course that has only original
system still will not download addins
Continued msg. Gootool cannot locate goo.exe file

Thanks so much for your time.
Jayne

JDH<3

Could you try reinstalling WoG from your original download? It might have gone into a strange location or something.

JDH

You are My Hero!!
Still working on re-install. Since I repurchased WOG, thought that would include the exe set up. Working on it.

MEANTIME...FOUND ANOTHER PLANET!!! YEAAAAA. Back to playing a bit to calm Goo withdrawal.

Thanks for your PATIENCE. :+)

JDH<3

No problem. Hope you enjoy Another Planet.

For the people that were looking at the logfile:

If you run on GooTool or a goomod file while GooTool is already running, it detects this and sends the command-line arguments to the existing copy (technical details), to avoid having two copies of GooTool running at once.

That is what is being shown in this logfile. The actual log from the "primary" copy of GooTool will be in a different file in the directory (normally gootool0.log).

"Generate diagnostic report" from the Help menu will produce a file that includes the last 8k from every logfile.

-davidc