Resolution question

13 replies [Last post]

My monitor is widescreen monitor with the resolution of 1600*900 and my game is 800*600.But when I play the WoG in full screen recently, there aren't black edge on the both sides of the screen Sad .That means the resolution is change?How can I get the black edge?I don't want to play WoG in widescreen.Puzzled

eeee

You can use GooTool to adjust your resolution or you can change the properties.txt file to have the resolution you want.

movildima wrote:
You can use GooTool to adjust your resolution or you can change the properties.txt file to have the resolution you want.

I change the resolution 800*600 in Window Mode.But when I play the game in full screen, the game cover the whole screen which is 16:9.But 800*600 is a 4:3 resolution.So I think when I play the 4:3 game in full screen, there are black edges on the both sides of the screen, but actually there aren't.I can't sovle this problem.Can you?Sad

eeee

Is the image stretched? Or does it extend farther than it should?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Albino Pokey wrote:
Is the image stretched? Or does it extend farther than it should?

What do these situations mean? I think the image has been stretched.

eeee

I guess he meant he wants 4:3 resolution in fullscreen without horizontal stretching. I guess it's not possible unless some hardware driver changes or something like that because when the game enter the fullscreen mode, it always change the resolution.

Mygod wrote:
I guess he meant he wants 4:3 resolution in fullscreen without horizontal stretching. I guess it's not possible unless some hardware driver changes or something like that because when the game enter the fullscreen mode, it always change the resolution.

So how can I solve this problem?

eeee

Could you post a screenshot?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

If your using windows could you see if your screen resolution is non-generic pnp monitor or not? I had this problem I think which was a virus that changed my screen resolution into non-generic pnp monitor.

My Profile

Try this:
1. Put your game in fullscreen mode and exit it.
2. Go ahead and change your resolution to 800*600 in GooTool. Make sure to leave it in fullscreen.
3. Launch World of Goo.

It should work.

naveed_rizvi wrote:
If your using windows could you see if your screen resolution is non-generic pnp monitor or not? I had this problem I think which was a virus that changed my screen resolution into non-generic pnp monitor.

Oh, I don't know anything about this. How can I see if my screen resolution is non-generic pnp monitor or not?

eeee

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution
There you can see what monitor you have, change the resolution and change the orientation. (If your using Windows that is, I don't know how other OS works)

Edit: Oops it should Generic Non-Pnp Monitor. Tongue

My Profile

naveed_rizvi wrote:
Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution
There you can see what monitor you have, change the resolution and change the orientation. (If your using Windows that is, I don't know how other OS works)

Edit: Oops it should Generic Non-Pnp Monitor. Tongue

I did it, it didn't work.

In fact, I think my game may be stretched.

eeee

Hmm... Reverse what you did then. The only thing I think think of is a virus changing your resolution sommehow. Try seeing if your monitor cable is properly in or not.

My Profile